Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Bing Visual Search, Microsoft expands Bing Rewards to UK & more
Amy Gesenhues on June 1, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Visual Search lets you search specific objects within images
Jun 1, 2017 by Matt McGee
Bing joins Google, Pinterest and others in upgrading its image search capabilities.
- Microsoft expands its Bing Rewards loyalty program to the UK
Jun 1, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Bing’s incentive program will also launch in France, Germany and Canada soon.
- Don’t be tardy! Back-to-school searching starts in July — plan campaigns now
Jun 1, 2017 by Purna Virji
It’s not too early to start planning your back-to-school campaigns. Columnist Purna Virji from Bing suggests some ways to help you win over back-to-school searchers and stay a step ahead of the competition.
- Is your information architecture costing your e-commerce web shop millions in lost sales?
Jun 1, 2017 by Trond Lyngbø
Solid information architecture is a key ingredient in any successful SEO program, as it can help or hinder search engine crawlers. Columnist Trond Lyngbø provides tips for e-commerce sites looking to optimize their site structure.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- B2B CMOs and CIOs: It’s time to rethink data management
- Diving into the new SiriusDecisions Demand Unit Waterfall
- Microsoft clones Snapchat’s Stories for its reimagined Skype experience
- The Path to CMO with SAP Ariba’s Alicia Tillman [Podcast]
- Meet Aetna CMO David Edelman at MarTech in Boston
- 5 key e-commerce & retail trends from Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends report
- Salesforce unveils a new Partner Relationship Management application in its Sales Cloud
- TurnTo Networks enters review syndication with ‘first open network’
- Why email marketing has lasted five times longer than your first marriage
- Takeaways for marketers from a conversation with Coke’s chief technologist
- Instagram ads can now link to brands’ Messenger accounts, bots
- Report: Apple’s Siri-powered virtual assistant could be announced next week
- How to build an in-house link building team
Search News From Around The Web:
- Baidu teams up with Bosch and Continental on self-driving tech, TechCrunch
- Exclusive: Google faces hefty EU fine in shopping case by August – sources, Reuters
- Google’s huge new London HQ is a “landscraper” with a rooftop garden, The Verge
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- AdWords In-Market Audiences Now Available for Search, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Google AdWords Shows Seller Ratings After 12 Months Of Data Collection, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Use Paid Targeting to Align with Your Customer Profiles, Convince and Convert
- Use Similar Audiences for Search to Tap the Upper Funnel, 3Q Digital
- 2 Powerful Google Analytics Metrics That Can Improve Your Search Rankings, Jeff Bullas
- 9 Content Types Search Engines Love, Search Engine People
- Does Social Media Help SEO?, Search Engine Journal
- Gotta Go Fast! The Impact of Page Speed on Your Rankings, Search Influence
- Poll Results: Many SEOs/Webmasters Say They Were Hit By The Google Fred Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Q&A: TopRank Marketing SEOs Share Tips for Creating Better Content, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Time Saving Automation: Search Query Edition, PPC Hero
- What Are Your Customers Thinking? Search Secrets Hiding in Plain Sight, Content Marketing Institute
- Yes, SEOs Try To Help Google Rank For Google, Search Engine Roundtable