Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Google Santa Tracker, duplicate content & Bing Ads
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Canonical chaos: doubling down on duplicate content
Dec 2, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Duplicate content issues? Problems with your canonical tags? Columnist Marcus Miller explains why these issues occur and how to fix them.
- Google’s 2016 Santa Tracker signals the official countdown to Christmas
Dec 2, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
This is the 12th year Google has counted down the seconds until Santa’s December 24 departure from the North Pole.
- 5 reasons advertisers should NOT ignore Bing Ads
Dec 2, 2016 by Michelle Cruz
Columnist Michelle Cruz outlines some recent developments in Bing Ads and makes the case for this cost-effective PPC platform.
- Search in Pics: Google swing set, bike trailer & goggles
Dec 2, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google indoor swing set: Source: Instagram Google Kosher Certification: Source: Twitter Google bike trailer: Source: Instagram […]
- Gartner CMO Spend Survey: Marketing budgets continue to rise
Dec 1, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
According to Gartner’s 2016–2017 Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Spend Survey, marketing budgets increased to 12 percent of company revenue in 2016, from 11 percent in 2015. Fifty-seven percent of marketing leaders surveyed expect their budgets will increase further in 2017. However, 14 percent of marketers say they are bracing for budget cuts, up from 3 […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Super Bowl LI advertisers Avocados from Mexico, Snickers & Skittles gear up for game day
- Progress CMO says marketing runs through her veins as she follows in her Mom’s footsteps
- Branch branches out, offering deep links to apps from dynamic remarketing ads
- Nielsen-backed OurCart startup launches Snapstar app to incentivize brand loyalty for grocery shoppers
- 6 battles your content must fight and how to equip it for victory
- Report: 2.5 million US businesses buying Facebook ads, spending $1,500 per year
- The future of digital advertising creativity and how to get ready
Search News From Around The Web:
- Merkle | Periscopix Wins Best Large Integrated Search Agency at the UK Search Awards, periscopix.co.uk
- Search Engine Roundtable’s 13th Anniversary – Mazal Tov!, Search Engine Roundtable
- Link Building: Strategies & Resources [Webinar Recap], Search Engine Journal
- 3 Proactive SEO Tips to Help Prepare for 2017, semrush.com
- Canonical Don’t Save Much Crawl Budget Either Says Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: META NOINDEX Tag Doesn’t Save Crawl Budget, Search Engine Roundtable
- Which Page Markup + Tags Still Matter for SEO? – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- Google Paid Search Delivers Strong Cyber Week Sales Growth for Retailers, Merkle
- How to Use Storytelling to Up your PPC Reports, PPC Hero
- Top Paid Search Advertisers, Black Friday-Cyber Monday 2016, AdGooroo
- Video: Google Sentence Compression, Top Stories Fake News Algorithm & Search Console Updates, Search Engine Roundtable