Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Google warning to bloggers, SEO success, audits & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google to bloggers: Disclose & nofollow links when reviewing gifted products
Mar 11, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google issues new best practices to bloggers who receive free products. Is Google about to send out a new manual action for paid links in exchange for product reviews?
- Want to speak at SMX Advanced? Here’s how.
Mar 11, 2016 by Chris Sherman
The agenda for our upcoming SMX Advanced show is live, and we’ve opened up our “speaking pitch” form for select sessions for the show, taking place June 22–23, 2016. To increase the odds of being selected, be sure to have read the agenda. Understand what the sessions are about. Ensure that your pitch is on […]
- How to amplify your already spectacular SEO to be super-crazy successful
Mar 11, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
You’ve done everything right with your SEO, but you’re still not getting the results you want — what gives? Columnist Stoney deGeyter discusses the ways amplification can help take your SEO efforts to the next level.
- The ins and outs of an SEO audit
Mar 11, 2016 by Janet Driscoll Miller
How should you perform a site audit? What tools should you use? And how can you best present your findings to attain buy-in? Columnist Janet Driscoll Miller recaps a presentation at SMX West that covered these questions and more.
- How to get a bird’s-eye view of the Google SERPs
Mar 11, 2016 by Stephan Spencer
Columnist Stephan Spencer provides an overview of a new rank tracking tool that goes much deeper than the “10 blue links” mindset.
- Search in Pics: Google Dance with Matt Cutts, Google’s ice rink & Zootopia
Mar 11, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Matt Cutts at the Google Dance at SMX: Source: Twitter Google Canada ice hockey rink: Source: […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- The importance of SEO in omni-channel marketing, part 2
- The terrifying connection between malware, Google Search Console and AdWords
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #4: Goodbye PageRank, Snapchat revoked our geofilter & more
- 8 simple tweaks to make your OK product shine online
- Top 10 YouTube ads in February: Super Bowl brands dominate & Hyundai leads the pack
- Lessons from the sports world: How all marketers can drive “fanatic” brand engagement
- MarTech Today: Opera’s browser-based ad blocking, Immersv’s VR ad-only platform & tips for becoming a chief martech officer
- What it takes to become a YouTube star: time
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Cannot Fix A Penguin Site Manually, It Has To Wait For Algorithm Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Sites With Linking Manual Actions Will Lose Rankings After Action Lifted, thesempost.com
- Ask Amazon Alexa to pay your bills, with new Capital One app, SiliconANGLE
- Google On Why They Use DMOZ: I Have No Clue, Search Engine Roundtable
- Microsoft Extends Bing Image Search to Office Apps, Edge Browser, mobile.eweek.com
- Why research skills matter more than ever, SearchReSearch
- Friday Infographic: Google Changes: The Old Days vs The New Days, State of Digital
- Google Search Console May Split Out Where Your Page Showed In The Search Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s John Mueller On Why They Don’t Hand Over Every Technical Ranking Factor, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Use Off-Page SEO to Boost Your Business, semrush.com
- Using Related Topics and Semantically Connected Keywords in Your SEO – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Video: Google PageRank Dead, RankBrain Confuses & The Google Dance, Search Engine Roundtable
- You Invested to Build a Brand, Now You Must Defend it (or ELSE), SEO Book