Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: PPC Mistakes & Fixing Old Links
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- SMX West Early Bird Rates Expire Saturday. Register Today!
Jan 25, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX West early bird rates expire this Saturday, January 30. Register today and save $200. Join us for three days of: Quality, unbiased content: SMX is programmed by the Search Engine Land editorial team. So rest assured you’ll be getting the most out of your investment. We guarantee it. Innovative tactics: Ramp […]
- PPC Blunders: Downright Dirty, Inexperienced Or Overwhelmed?
Jan 25, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Have you ever inherited a PPC account so poorly managed it made you scratch your head in confusion? Columnist Pauline Jakober shares her stories and tries to guess the underlying motive.
- Preserve Your Content Ecosystem By Fixing Link Rot
Jan 25, 2016 by Garrett French
Columnist Garrett French notes that in many verticals, content resources have gone missing over the years. That’s where you come in.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Pokémon Releases Official Super Bowl 50 Ad To Kick Off Its 20th Anniversary Celebration
- Demystifying Brand Loyalty Among Millennials
- Create A Killer PPC Strategy With This 3-Step Process
- UnsubCentral Now Offers Choices Beyond Opt-Out For Email Recipients
- Cortana Providing Email-Based To-Do Reminders & Deeper Calendar Insights
- Local SEO For WordPress Websites
- 3 Methods For Defining Your Content Needs
- Google Agrees To Pay $185 Million In Back Taxes In UK Settlement
- A Fresh Start: 2016’s Marketing Outlook
- Inbound Marketing Fundamentals, Part 1: Getting Your Clients & Customers “Hunting” For You
- MarTech Today: Facebook’s Organic Audience Optimization, Videoo’s Dynamic Playlist & Local SEO For WordPress Sites
- Google Glass Shutters Social Accounts
- Twitter Exodus Over The Weekend As Key Executives Leave
- Google Seeking To Normalize Tax Relations With Europe, Settle Claims
- Super Bowl 50 Advertisers: These Brands Are Ready To Play The Commercial Game
Search News From Around The Web:
- Cracking the Google Profit Code, Wall Street Journal
Local & Maps
- Google Earth Pro layers being dropped, Google Earth Blog
- Answer: Native American Languages in Arizona, SearchReSearch
- Google Releases OK Google Fix For Android Users, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Provides Detailed Technical AMP Video Webinar, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO Pagination, Rel Next Rel Prev Base Link for Relative URLs, ignitevisibility.com
- What’s In Your Search Index?, CMS Wire
- 4 Ways to Breathe New Life Into Old Content, TheSEMPost