Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Yahoo Search App, MindMeld Voice Assistant & Holistic SEO
Barry Schwartz on December 11, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Yahoo Search App For iPhone Gets A Bit More “Now” With Personalized Content
Dec 11, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Yesterday Yahoo introduced an updated search app for the iPhone. It offers a range of new capabilities and utility. Overall, Yahoo has done a nice job with the UI and search experience. I haven’t systematically compared it to Google or Bing mobile search experiences. But in my 24 hours of casual usage, it appears to […]
- The Only Way To Be Successful At SEO: Take A Holistic Approach
Dec 11, 2015 by Tony Edward
Columnist Tony Edward discusses how his company improved its digital marketing efforts by integrating SEO, paid search, social, marketing and public relations.
- Grabbing Those Last-Minute Holiday Sales
Dec 11, 2015 by Amy Bishop
It’s crunch time — for holiday shoppers and Q4 goals, alike. There’s still time, though! Columnist Amy Bishop explains how you can guide those last-minute shoppers to help you hit your goals.
- Search In Pics: Google Menorah & Christmas Lights, Google Merchant Store & Stan With Heart Glasses
Dec 11, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google’s Dinosaur, Stan, In Heart Shades: Source: Google+ Google Holiday Gift: Christmas Lights To Agencies: Source: […]
- MindMeld Launches Voice Assistant 2.0, Says Voice Search Growing Dramatically
Dec 10, 2015 by Greg Sterling
San Francisco-based Expect Labs, which previously positioned itself as a kind of “Google Now in a Box” or “Siri in a Box” for third-party developers, has changed its name to MindMeld. The company is also launching a second generation of its technology, which it now describes as a “platform for creating large-scale language-understanding and question-answering […]
- MarTech Conference Is March 21–22. See the Sessions & Speakers.
Dec 11, 2015 by Search Engine Land
MarTech returns to the San Francisco Hilton in March. Check out the infographic below for what’s in store, who’s speaking and who should attend. Then register before January 10 and save $500 on your ticket to the only MarTech in North America this year.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Gives Page Owners Tips To Improve Their Video Production
- RLSA Vs. Customer Match In AdWords: Similar But Different
- 3 Brands That Dominated Cyber Monday And What They Can Teach Us About Consumer Engagement
- Marketing Land Quiz: Do You Know 2015’s Top Facebook Topic, Tweet Or YouTube Ad?
- Google Adds Forecasting Data In AdWords Display Planner
- MarTech Today: Search Engine For Influencers, Real-Time App Installs & SEO Platforms
- Are You And Your Customers Speaking The Same Language? Does It Matter?
- A CMO’s View: DHL’s Focus On Its Customer Drives The Brand’s Marketing Strategy
- No Conversions Set? No Problem. AdWords Debuts Automated Smart Goals
- IBM’s Watson Is Now In the Marketing And E-Commerce Business
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Find imagery by date with the Google Earth API, Google Earth Blog
- The Snack Pack: More Than Just a Delicious Lunch Time Treat, Distilled
- 7 things to try by voice with the Google app on Android, Inside Search
- Feedback button, DuckDuckGo Blog
- Advantages to Using Multiple Sitemaps in Google Search Console, thesempost.com
- Google On Google Penguin 4.0 Release In January, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Recommends You Notify Spammers That They Are Blocked, Search Engine Roundtable
- Ranking in Google: How I Took My Client from Position 29 to 2 in One Week!, semrush.com
- Why Google Doesn’t Comment on Various Smaller “Phantom”-Type Updates, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Making Good First Impressions With Ads, PPC Hero
- Multiple Language News Sites? Multiple Google News Submissions Required, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video: Google Penguin 4.0, Manual Action Alerts, Reconsideration Requests & Hanukkah Dreidel, Search Engine Roundtable