Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Yahoo Search Share, PPC Management & Mobile Ads
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Yahoo Loses Market Share As Some Firefox Users Return To Google
Yahoo gives Google back some of the gains won after Firefox deal.
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: New Market Intelligence Report
Do you need a marketing automation platform?
- The Essential In-Depth Overview Of PPC Bid Management
What bid management strategies will work to achieve your campaign goals? Columnist and former Googler Frederick Vallaeys outlines how to make the best decisions to maximize efficiency.
- Quantifying The Mobile Revolution: Mobile Advertising Progress In 2014
What’s in store for paid search marketers as mobile continues its path to digital dominance? Columnist Matt Ackley tackles this question with insights gleaned from a forthcoming Marin research report.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- CNN, FT, Guardian And Reuters Combine Ad Forces Against Google, Facebook
- Viral Content Site Playbuzz Announces $16 Million In New Funding
- Chicken Named Gloria Determines Which Burger King Restaurants Get Chicken Fries
- Agency Vs. Publisher Smackdown: Who Will Win The Battle To Create Content For Brands?
- Yahoo Enables Audience Targeting Across BrightRoll Video Ad Inventory
- Are P2P Payments On Facebook Messenger Just The Beginning?
- The Shoe Drops As Canada Starts Enforcing New Anti-Spam Law
- A CMO’s View: Heineken Stays Ahead Of The Game By Sponsoring Fastest Growing Sport In U.S.
- Report: Sprout Social, HootSuite, TweetDeck Are Top-Ranked Social Management Tools
- “Heavy Martech” Usage Soars, Giving Tag Management A Big Boost
- Mary Kay Cosmetics Sues RetailMeNot For Fraud, Trademark Infringement
- Bing ‘Distill’ To Compete With Quora & Yahoo Answers, Invitation Requests Now Live
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Zoom with a view: Visit India’s stunning monuments online, Google LatLong
- Answer: Is the fruit getting sweeter?, SearchReSearch
- Google Auto Complete Search Bar Suggestions Wont Go Away For Some, Search Engine Roundtable
- Twitter Is Limiting Porn In Top Search Results, BuzzFeed News
- NEW: Mobile SEO Visibility – Prepare yourself for the huge Google Mobile Update on April 21st, Searchmetrics SEO Blog
- Non-Optimized Images are the Major Site Speed Issue Google Sees, The SEM Post
- On Page SEO and Content Marketing Case Study #1, Stone Temple
- SEO Page Title Tag Best Practice for Google in 2015, Hobo
- Tracking the Evolution of Google Panda Updates– From Monthly to Tremors to Missing in Action, Search Engine Watch
- 4 SEO Data Reports You Haven’t Looked at In a While (and Should), blog.kissmetrics.com
- Is Fear-Based SEO Paralyzing You?, Ahrefs Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- How To Use AdWords Income Targeting, www.clixmarketing.com
- Three Questions That Drive PPC Success, Distilled