Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: YouTube election search trends, Google’s top search ranking factors & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- YouTube reports 224% jump in refugee-related searches since start of elections
Mar 24, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
According to YouTube, refugee, immigration, gun control, economy and health care related searches have risen during the past year.
- 3 upcoming trends in paid search
Mar 24, 2016 by Mona Elesseily
What’s on the horizon for paid search? Columnist Mona Elesseily shares her predictions based on current trends in the search marketing world.
- Dear SEOs: Please stop spamming Google Maps!
Mar 24, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist Joy Hawkins gives a lesson in what NOT to do when optimizing Google My Business profiles, based on her experiences cleaning up spammy listings.
- The state of cross-channel paid search, part 3: SEM & display
Mar 24, 2016 by Josh Dreller
In the third installment of his series on cross-channel digital marketing, columnist Josh Dreller explains how search and display can work together to inform one another and drive results.
- Now we know: Here are Google’s top 3 search ranking factors
Mar 24, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google’s Andrey Lipattsev reveals links, content and RankBrain are the top three ranking signals in Google’s search algorithm.
- “B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” updated for 2016.
Mar 23, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
The 4th Edition of Marketing Land’s “B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for B2B marketing automation software platforms and the considerations involved in implementing this software into your business.
- Score deeper savings for SMX Advanced by coming as a team
Mar 23, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced is designed to deliver leading-edge tactics in SEO, SEM, mobile, analytics and much more. Sign up as a team and score the deepest discounts available. At SMX Advanced, your team will: get actionable tips and strategies from expert-level search marketing veterans.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Audience Network partners with third-party mediation platforms, including Twitter’s MoPub
- Optimize local marketing the same way big companies do
- Brand bidding & PPC optimization: Reducing your competition (Part 5 of 8)
- New benchmarks: Google AdWords cost per acquisition across 20 industries [study]
- Facebook video metrics add richer day-by-day data
- Report: Apple Pay moving to the mobile web, could give big boost to m-commerce
- The essential metrics to analyze for keyword research success
- #MarTech Conference: Vendor roundtable on the future of martech
- How your web presence can become the undisputed champion against big brand Goliaths
- Everything you need to know for successful email A/B testing
- IAB releases a calculator to show how much ad spend goes to programmatic ad tech fees
- #MarTech Conference: 10 myths martech vendors tell
- YouTube: 2016 presidential election-related video watch time up 485% since last April
- 7 ways your video content is missing the mark
- Impersonated on Facebook? The social network is testing an alert feature
- MarTech Today: Agile Marketing, social media’s revolutionary changes & internet in 3-D in outer space
- Square integrates Facebook Ads into expanding “Customer Engagement” suite
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google launches new machine learning platform, TechCrunch
- How to Safely Earn Four Backlinks This Weekend, Search Engine Journal
Local & Maps
- A Local SEO Got 60 Clients Suspended Overnight, Search Engine Roundtable
- 3 Recent Google Updates: What You Should Know, Search Engine Journal
- The Top 32 Are Moving On In Search Marketing Madness, PPC Hero
- Google Tests Images in Search Result Snippets, Search Engine Journal
- Impact of Google’s Local Business Card on Search, Search Engine Journal
- Most Travelers Use Search Engines When Planning a Trip, eMarketer
SEM / Paid Search
- Google’s Right-Side Adpocalypse: Anatomy of a Loser [New Data], WordStream
- Micro-Moments for Publishers: Reach your users in their moments of intent, Inside AdSense
- Why SMBs Should Not Run AdWords Accounts, PPC Hero
- Bloggin’ Like “The” Boss: Think Like Bruce Springsteen to Boost Your SEO, Search Influence
- GoDaddy SEO Services – No Kidding?, SearchRank
- Google Will Be Using Machine Learning For Spam Detection & Search Quality, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Andrey Lipattsev & Moz’s Rand Fishkin Discuss Clicks Influencing Ranking, Search Engine Roundtable
- RankBrain – The Word2Vec Patent from Google, Verve Developments
- RankBrain Might Not Be the Third Most Important Ranking Signal, thesempost.com
- SEO editing vs. copywriting for SEO, SEO Copywriting
- Why Spam in Google is a Bigger Problem in Some Languages, thesempost.com
- Yoast SEO plugin tutorials, Yoast