YouTube Expands Search Filters & Related Terms
YouTube has updated their search filters and search refinements today. The new YouTube search enhancements include:
(1) Filtering helps you restrict your search based on specific categories. You can choose any of the Filter options above to refine your search.
(2) Exploring allows you to replace or add topics to your search. Clicking on a suggestion will replace your original search. Hovering over the suggestions and clicking the + sign that appears on the right will add the topic to your original search.
(3) You can also Explore in the same way using the topics listed above.
(4) This last column can include a way to view videos from a specific user or website. Clicking on a name will display videos from that source. Hovering over and clicking the + sign on the right will restrict your original search to videos from that source.
(5) If you want to delete a topic from your search, click on the topic here. This will start a new search without that topic.
(6) Wondering how to sort by Relevance, Upload count, View count, and Rating? Because these are the most used search tools, we’ve made them more easily accessible here, on the right side of every search page.
- YouTube Topic Search Offers Way To “Explore” Related Videos
- YouTube Emphasizes Search In New Design
- YouTube Adding Geographic Search
- Google Testing Comment Search On YouTube
- Google Adds Search Box To YouTube Videos & Adds HD Embed
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Sign up to receive weekly insights on video advertising and trends.