Google Tests More TV Ads With AdWords Integration
Google Integrates TV Ads Into Adwords Platform by Pinny Cohen shows screen captures of AdWords reports with TV ad integration. Pinny said that Google sent out more invitations for AdWords advertisers to test out TV ads within the Google AdWords system.
The features you get with Google TV ads include:
- Impression counts or view per screen metrics
- Select a CPM rate to “bid against other ads in that slot”
- Day parting TV style for scheduling ads by day and time
- Traffic Estimator for TV shows an estimate on TV ad views
- Length of ad view, e.g., did someone change the channel while watching your ad
- Google will show you where people dropped off your ad
Pretty cool stuff, and you can see screen captures at Pinny’s blog.
This actually might not just be a US feature. Google service for advertisers to view viewers may come to UK from The Guardian reports Google TV ads may be coming to the UK. There is no timeline yet, but we do know Google has a partnership with BSkyB in the UK.