SearchCap: Day Of The Dead Google Doodle, A PPC Agency View Of Ad Blocking & More
Amy Gesenhues on November 2, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Day Of The Dead Google Doodle Marks The Mexican Holiday Devoted To Departed Souls
Nov 2, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Today’s Google logo has been replaced with an illustrated “string of papel picado” – a common Day of the Dead decoration.
- SocialPro Is In 2 Weeks — Here’s What You Should Expect.
Nov 2, 2015 by Search Engine Land
The last year in social media has been insanely busy for professional marketers all around the world. If you manage any aspect of social media marketing for your brand or your clients, you know how hard it can be to keep pace.
- Android Marshmallow & SEO Series: Google’s Private Index & Screen Crawling
Nov 2, 2015 by Cindy Krum
The first of a three-part series on how Android Marshmallow’s features and capabilities may impact the future of mobile search. Contributor Cindy Krum explores Google’s Private Index and discusses screen crawling.
- Ad Blocking: Where Do We Go From Here? A PPC Agency View
Nov 2, 2015 by Pauline Jakober
The recent debate around ad blocking, sparked by the release of Apple’s iOS 9, shows the need for a renewed focus on the mobile user experience with ads. Columnist and agency owner Pauline Jakober weighs in.
- Third Door Media Expands Martech Coverage With Newest Editorial Hire
Nov 2, 2015 by Matt McGee
Third Door Media is expanding its coverage of the fast-growing marketing technology space — “martech,” as it’s commonly called — with the hiring of a new full-time writer. We’re excited to announce that Barry Levine formally joins us today as our Martech Reporter.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Instagram Has No Plans To Monetize New Video Streams For Major Events
- Live Webcast – No Lead Untouched: How to Boost Lead Conversion
- Turning The Tables, Google Argues EU Must Justify More Aggressive Antitrust Stance
- IAB Certification Programs Gain Internationally Recognized Accreditation
- Laptops In Big Decline, Smartphones “At Saturation” For Under-30 Crowd
- Constant Contact To Be Acquired For $1.1 Billion By Endurance International Group
- Facebook Slips Slightly But Still Dominates Social Login Market
- Deals And Data Can Make Or Break Holiday Sales
- Protecting Your Brand From Online Fraud, Infringement & Other Emerging Threats
- 20 Things Social Media Professionals Can’t Ignore In 2016
- Does Your Email Marketing Need CPR?
- MarTech Today: Facebook NewsFeed, Android + Chrome & TAG’s Anti-Fraud Program
- Snapchat’s First Sponsored Lens Features “Peanuts” & A Candy Corn Stream
Search News From Around The Web:
- Best of SMX Israel 2015, Managing Greatness
- Google’s Gary Illyes, The Plan For Penguin 4.2 Is For It To Be Real-Time, Search Engine Roundtable
- Link building: what not to do?, Yoast
Local & Maps
- Catch your breath and take in the best views of Sabah on Street View, Google Lat Long
- Apple pushes Maps Indoor service to venue owners, limited to high-traffic spots, Apple Insider
- Getting on the Map: The Intro to Local SEO for SABs, Moz
- Weekly Update 75: Abandoned Instant Answers, and Upcoming Meetup Events, DuckDuckGo Blog
- Google Testing Huge 7-Line Snippets in Search Results, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Google Is Beta Testing Its Answer To Header Bidding, Called ‘DFP First Look’, AdExchanger
- How to Use AdWords’ Customer Match: The Ultimate Guide, Wordstream
- Big Brands and SEO: 3 Ways SEO Can Produce Big Wins, 3qDigital
- Google May Launch A Consolidation Feature For Google Search Console Profiles, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Combine SEO with Content Marketing to Maximize Traffic, QuickSprout
- SEO Checklist For Web Site Redesign, SearchRank
- Which Domain Extensions to Use for International SEO, Search Engine Journal
- Which Google Search Console Feature Do You Want?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Youtube SEO: How to drive more organic traffic to your videos, RazorSocial