SearchCap: Google AdWords notification, Bing & Google national convention results & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Google reports more than 40K government requests for user data during 2nd half of 2015Jul 19, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues Google says it is proud its transparency reports have helped “shed […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google reports more than 40K government requests for user data during 2nd half of 2015
Jul 19, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Google says it is proud its transparency reports have helped “shed light on government surveillance laws and practices” around the world.
- Expanded Text Ads: Are they living up to the hype?
Jul 19, 2016 by Laura Collins
Expanded Text Ads will be available to all AdWords advertisers by the end of the year, so how might this impact your accounts? Columnist Laura Collins shares some data from Merkle|Periscopix clients.
- Using spark files for content creation
Jul 19, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Columnist Julie Joyce gives us examples of how she uses spark files for content creation ideas that can lead to more links.
- AdWords managed accounts get a roll-up of individual account notifications
Jul 19, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The notifications show opportunities and alerts for accounts, campaigns and keywords managed under the umbrella account.
- Bing brings national convention search tools to desktop & mobile; Google keeps it mobile only
Jul 19, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Convention-related queries on Google desktop don’t deliver any special convention search features.
- Four steps to maximizing Customer Lifetime Value
Jul 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
In this white paper from Zaius, you’ll learn all about why customer lifetime value is critical, but underutilized. For most B2C marketers, customer lifetime value is used as an input to determine how much is reasonable to spend to acquire a new customer. But for the top-performing B2C companies in the world, customer lifetime value […]
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Moz shows you the faster way to find duplicate local business listings
- Square wants its logo to be synonymous with mobile payments
- Want to become Twitter verified? There’s an application process for that
- Euclid Analytics offers retailers a unified view of their customers using guest WiFi
- The key to local SEO
- Case study: 33% of local search business is from non-locals (and 7 tips for capturing that traffic)
- Google announces AMP for Ads & AMP Landing Pages among DoubleClick news
- What marketers need to know about DMARC
- 6 keys to more effective email marketing
- 3 reasons nobody is watching your Facebook Live video
- Nasdaq adds the ability to discover top online influencers
- MarTech Today: Evolution of marketing platforms, location data’s predictive power & Beco’s first battery-free beacon
- Mayer confirms Yahoo’s selling Tumblr ads through Facebook’s ad net
- Yahoo revenue up in Q2, but earnings per share miss expectations
Search News From Around The Web:
- Chinese takeover of Norway’s Opera fails, alternative proposed, Reuters
- Google, Trying to Endear Itself to Europe, Spreads Cash Around, New York Times
Local & Maps
- Announcing marker clustering in the Google Maps SDK for iOS Utility Library, Google Geo Developers Blog
- Google Maps Showing Fewer Businesses In Map Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- The new Google Arts & Culture, on exhibit now, Official Google Blog
- 5 Predictions About the Future of Apps and SEO, semrush.com
- 5 Reasons You Lose Traffic After a Website Migration & How You Can Prevent It, State of Digital
- A Success Story For SEOs & Entrepreneurs, sistrix.com
- Google Offering Mobile Site Clinic On Wednesday At 10:30am ET, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEMrush Study: 11 Most Common On-site SEO Issues, semrush.com
- The 15 Most Popular Myths About International SEO, Debunked, Moz
- The complete beginner’s guide to Schema.org markup, Search Engine Watch
SEM / Paid Search
- Keywords Research Tools Comparison: A Functionality Matrix, aleydasolis.com
- The 2016 Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts, PPC Hero
- Capture tourists with Google & Facebook, Vertical Leap
- Growing your mobile visitors with AMP, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
New on Search Engine Land