Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Maps time visit, email verification & AdWords price extensions
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Maps showing how long people typically spend at a store or venue
Jul 18, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
New feature shows you time based on crowdsourced location data.
- Google rolling out Price extensions for mobile text ads
Jul 18, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new text ad extension shows pricing information about products and services — and takes up significant real estate on mobile.
- Google My Business now offering some businesses email-based verification
Jul 18, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Now, you don’t have to wait for the post card from Google or figure out how to get the phone verification through your phone tree. Some can verify their local listing via email.
- Case study: 33% of local search business is from non-locals (and 7 tips for capturing that traffic)
Jul 18, 2016 by Wesley Young
Non-locals make up a significant percentage of local search business. Columnist Wesley Young looks at the importance of this audience and provides seven marketing tips to help you maximize its potential.
- The key to local SEO
Jul 18, 2016 by Greg Gifford
Want to spend more time doing great work and less time putting out fires? Columnist Greg Gifford emphasizes the importance of client education in local SEO.
- Lowest rates for SMX East go up Saturday. Lock in the best savings today!
Jul 18, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Searching for the best performing SEO and SEM tactics? Look no further than SMX East, the most highly anticipated search marketing conference on the East Coast. SMX East returns to New York City September 27–29 — secure your seat today and lock in the best conference rates available!
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- The evolution of marketing platforms: From automation to journeys
- 4 reasons the world would end at the demise of local SEO
- Mobile-location data predicted Sports Authority’s demise and reveals the retailers that may benefit from it
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #20: Amazon Prime Day recap
- Facebook to aim app install ads at people most likely to buy a product, complete a level
- Quiz: Are you ready to level up your social media marketing?
- How to drive real, measurable value with purchase intent analysis
- Back to school 2016: A shopping season for the books
- 3 reasons why digital research is backwards
- MarTech Today: Ads targeted at cars, Google touts YouTube anti-piracy moves & more
- Beco offers first battery-free beacon, which can run indefinitely on existing lighting
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Apple Maps expands transit directions to Honolulu & Kansas City, Mo., appleinsider.com
- Answer: Tools!, SearchReSearch
- Bullet vs Table Form Featured Snippets In Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Data Science Can Impact SEO #semrushchat, semrush.com
- The Importance of SEO Training for Editorial Teams, digitalbookworld.com
- Understanding Rel Canonical to avoid duplicate content, Stone Temple
SEM / Paid Search
- How To Get More Out Of Excel Solver, PPC Hero