Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google SEO patents & Search Engine Land Awards
Barry Schwartz on April 5, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google patent on related entities and what it means for SEO
Apr 5, 2018 by Dave Davies
Contributor Dave Davies pulls key points from a newly awarded Google patent on related entities and points out the ranking benefits of strengthening entity associations in your SEO and link-building efforts.
- Final call to enter the 2018 Search Engine Land Awards
Apr 5, 2018 by Search Engine Land
Time is running out to wrap up your submissions for the 4th annual Search Engine Land Awards! That’s right – the final entry deadline is just a little more than a week away, Friday, April 13th at 11:59PM PST.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Bing Ads launches price extensions
- State of Digital Marketing Analytics in the Top 1000 Internet Retailers
- Gartner offers first Magic Quadrant for Content Marketing tools
- Taboola launches Apple News-like service for Android
- How to use the Knowledge Graph for higher rankings
- 7 ways to turn a webinar into a stream of link-attracting content
- President Trump: Save us from the GDPR horror show
- Facebook updates terms and data collection policy to be more ‘clear’
- Facebook is now giving users the option to remove apps in bulk
Search News From Around The Web:
- Gary Illyes – From 28K to Reinventing Search (Google Land | Episode 5) by Kwasi, soundcloud.com
- Why Your XML Website Sitemap is Important for SEO, Search Engine Guide
- Expert Insight: How Small Businesses are Making the Most of SEO, KoMarketing
- Five SEO Questions with Pete Meyers of MOZ; Algorithms & Mobilegeddon, SEMrush
- Google Uses Many Signals To Determine What & If To Show Dates In Snippets, Search Engine Roundtable
- Nuclear Physics Degree to PPC, Hallam Internet
- Retailers: Improve your category pages before building links to your site, builtvisible.com
- The Google Patents & Ranking Factors that Will Change SEO with Bill Slawski, cognitiveseo.com