Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Bing previews new Bing Search APIs
Bing adds tons of features to their Bing Search APIs, which now are REST APIs.
Bing announced they are giving developers a preview of the new Bing Search APIs, version 5. The new APIs expose a lot more functionality for developers within the Bing Search infrastructure. The features include:
- search across hundreds of billions of web pages, images, videos, and news results;
- autosuggest services to improve accuracy and speed of user input in your apps and sites;
- assistive services such as spell-check and adult intent signal;
- access to trending topics including news, images and videos; and
- ability to filter image and video results by size, license, style and price.
Here is a side-by-side comparison of what is available in the current API and what is now available in the new one:
The new APIs are REST APIs, which many developers prefer over the old format.
To join the preview, email Microsoft at email@example.com.