Today at SMX East, Google’s Pierre Far told the audience Google launched a small update to authorship by adding authorship rich snippets to Google Image Search.
To see it, go to Google Images and search for named of people who may have authorship. Click on the image and if the image has markup on the article, it may show a byline, linking to the authorship link.
Here is an example:
Pierre Far from Google said this launched quietly a couple weeks ago.
- Google Adds Automatic Authorship With Google+ Sign In
- Google Provides FAQ About Authorship, From Blocking To No Mascots
- Is Google Authorship Affecting Rankings Today?
- Google: Authorship Bug Affects “Very Few Sites,” Actively Working On A Fix
- Advanced Authorship: The Deep Dive
- Google Authorship Beyond Webpages
- Google’s Matt Cutts: Web Spam Benefits From Using Rel=”Author”
- Google Continues To Experiment & Expand Authorship
- No, Publishership Isn’t Coming Soon To Google Search To Join Authorship