Google Goes Black With Black Navigation Bar Test
Google is now heavily testing a new top bar color, that color is black.
Google began testing this back about a month ago, as reported by Google Operating System but now Google seemed to have stepped up those tests. So much so, users are complaining that their custom Google home page designs look bad because of the new black bar.
Last week we reported Google was testing a grayed out design interface. As you know, Google constantly tests new designs, features and layouts – so this comes with no surprise.
As a side note, Google is also testing a black YouTube player.
- Google Testing New Design Without I’m Feeling Lucky Button
- Meet The New Google Look & Its Colorful, Useful “Search Options” Column
- New Google UI In Wild Again, With Auto-Detected Location
- Google User Interface Test Gives Searches Control Over Snippets
- Google Tackles Its “UI Jazz” Problem, Tests Streamlining Search Options Feature
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.