Google Grew Their Own Earth Day Logo
Google has a special Earth Day logo that flips through the various cycles of the growth of flowers and plants over time. In fact, A Google Doodler named Jen planted and grew the logo, taking pictures over time, which made up today’s Earth Day logo for Google.
Here is a video of the logo in action:
Google’s Marissa Mayer tweeted about how the logo was made:
For Earth Day, doodler Jen actually planted and grew our logo, then made a time-lapse video: google.com
— marissamayer (@marissamayer) April 22, 2012
Here are all the still shots of this logo:
Last year, Google had a more animated Google Earth Day logo.
For logos from the other search engines see the Search Engine Roundtable.
Other Google Logos:
- Google Remembers Juan Gris, Cubism Artist With Logo
- Akira Yoshizawa Google Logo – Modern Origami
- Google Wave Logo For 155th Birthday Of Heinrich Rudolf Hertz
- Google Valentine’s Day Logo Features Tony Bennett’s Cold Cold Heart
- The Characters In Google’s Charles Dickens Logo
- Google Logo For Largest Observed Snowflake
- Google’s 5th “Doodle 4 Google” Contest Opens For K-12 Students
- Google Blackens Its Logo To Protest SOPA/PIPA, While Bing & Yahoo Carry On As Usual
- Google Honors Martin Luther King Jr. Day With “I Have A Dream” Logo
- Google Logo For Nicolas Steno: Father Of Modern Geology
- Google Logo Honors Addams Family Creator, Charles Addam
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.