Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Tests Search Results Overview Snippets Overlay
Google is testing a new search feature within the search results to show you a search result snippet overlay with additional details about that search result. The interesting fact is that this overlay doesn’t have text from the search result itself, the text may be sourced from Wikipedia or other third-party sources.
Here are some screen shots of the overlays:
You can even test this yourself by editing your cookies and go to google.com and change the value of the NID cookie to:
- Google Testing Search Results Without URLs
- Google Images Tests New Related Searches User Interface
- Google Maps To Get A Major Design Overhaul
- Google Tests Larger Video Thumbnails In Tablet Search Results
- Google Local Results Drops “More Results Near…” To “Improve” Local Search Experience
- Google: We Removed Instant Previews Over Low Usage From Searchers