Google Webmaster Tools Upgrades Structure Data Markup Errors Report
Google’s Webmaster Trends Analyst Mariya Moeva announced, on the Google Webmaster blog, a new update to Google Webmaster Tools where they now show items with errors in the Structured Data dashboard.
This can help webmasters better debug issues they are having with their structured data markup.
Google is showing the item-level error, but the top-level structured data element, not the deeper, nested items that are tagged in the HTML code.
Here is the errors overview report:
When you click on one, it shows you the errors over time with a graph. Google added a note that their “data pipelines have also been updated for more comprehensive reporting, so you may initially see fewer data points in the chronological graph.”
You can even click on URLs in the table to see details about what markup was detected during the crawl:
To learn more about these changes and to read how you can use it to debug your structure data on your site, see the Google Webmaster Blog.
- Google Structured Data Dashboard Beta
- Google’s Data Highlighter Now Supports Movies, TV, Articles, Products, Local Biz & Apps
- Google Introduces Data Highlighter Tool For Structured Data Markup
- Google Upgrades Their Rich Snippets Testing Tool To Better Reflect Display In Search Results
- Google Confirms Hidden Benefit Of Authorship: Bonus Links After A Back-Button Click
- Google’s Authorship Fail: How Truman Capote Was Credited As A NYT Writer 28 Years After His Death
- Examining Real World Uses Of Rich Snippets & Markup
- Top Ways B2B Marketers Can Best Utilize Rich Snippets
- Structured Data Markup Was Inevitable, But Is It An Admission Of Failure?
- Google Shows Movie Trailers Right In Its Search Results
- Want Your Picture In The Google Search Results? Add A Google+ Profile
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.