Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.
Google’s Knowledge Graph Gains “Carousel,” Goes Worldwide In English
The launch seems to be rolling out slowing to all countries with English based language.
The complex thing with rolling this out globally is that searching for [chiefs] in the States should return a very different knowledge graph than searching for the same thing in the United Kingdom. As Danny lived blogged:
It’s hard to make predictions because the same word can mean different things. Cookies in the US are called biscuits in India, and biscuits mean different things in the US. Oh, how I’ve lived that. Same issue in Britain. Ask for a biscuit, you ain’t getting a biscuit.
Google is also releasing an expandable knowledge graph called the Knowledge Graph Carousel. Here is a picture:
Here is a video of the changes:
- Google Launches Knowledge Graph To Provide Answers, Not Just Links
- Goodbye Google+ People & Pages, Hello Knowledge Graph Box
- Google Says Knowledge Graph Has Led To More Searches
- Confirmed: Google’s Expandable Knowledge Graph Test
- Google’s Knowledge Graph Has An Error 20% Of The Time