Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
New: Google Now Showing Local +1 Counts
Last week we confirmed Google was showing raw +1 counts in the search results and now today, Google seems to be testing showing location based +1 counts.
@tomcritchlow shared a screen shot with us showing Google only displaying the people in New York who +1’ed a page. Here is that screen shot:
As you can see, it shows 145 people in New York have +1’ed this page.
If you are logged in, you would see your friends who have +1’ed the page. Here is a screen shot:
If you are signed out, I personally just get all the +1 counts for this page. I am based in New York, not New York City like Tom, and I do not see locally based +1s.
- Confirmed: Google Showing Google +1 Counts To Logged Out Users
- Meet +1: Google’s Answer To The Facebook Like Button
- Google’s “Me On The Web” Pushes Google Profiles — Take That, Facebook?
- It’s Here: Google +1 Buttons For Websites
- Google +1 Analytics Coming Soon; Here’s What To Expect
- Comparing Facebook Like vs. Google +1