Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: comScore data, link building & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Link building is a human endeavor
Mar 22, 2016 by Andrew Dennis
The secret to getting valuable, high-quality links? According to columnist Andrew Dennis, it’s one-on-one interaction with another person.
- Evangelizing organic search success: 5 steps to elevate performance
Mar 22, 2016 by Jim Yu
As an SEO professional, how can you improve your standing within an organization to achieve better results? The answer, according to columnist Jim Yu, lies in organic search evangelism.
- Local marketing: What is the true local web?
Mar 22, 2016 by Garrett French
Columnist Garrett French explains how local businesses can improve their online visibility by becoming a part of the local ecosystem, both online and off.
- Data show that search query volumes on the PC peaked in 2013
Mar 22, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Three years ago was the high-water mark for desktop search.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- News from the #MarTech Conference trade show floor
- #MarTech Conference: Ultimate guide to building a martech stack
- TrackMaven releases 2016 Social Media Inflation Index: Instagram growth is huge
- Sensing vulnerability, Out-of-Home goes on attack against digital display
- Why costs for local marketing campaigns vary
- Google’s right-side Adpocalypse: What really happened (DATA)
- 5 dos and don’ts of managing a new international PPC account
- #MarTech Conference: Google dominates the marketing stacks of 150 “unicorn” startups
- How using Zapier coupled with Pipedrive revolutionized our lead management process
- Email marketers, meet your new cubicle mate: machine intelligence
- MarTech Today: 2016 MarTech Landscape, YesPath’s AI-powered marketing & Usermind’s “glue”
- Adobe unveils its next-generation Marketing Cloud
- #MarTech Conference: Here are this year’s Stackie Award winners
Search News From Around The Web:
- 8 Link Building Techniques for Targeting Local Audience, semrush.com
- Google’s Gary Illyes on Penguin: When Is It Coming and What Will It Do?, Stone Temple
- Killer Secret to Link Building Outreach, theupperranks.com
- A first look at Plonked, the new search engine for business, Search Engine Watch
- Step-By-Step Guide to Implementing AMP on a WordPress Site, Ignite Visibility
- 6 SEO Mistakes Amateur Bloggers Frequently Make, thesempost.com
- Google Crawler Now Sends English In Accept-Language Header, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Early March 2016 Update Gone Unnoticed, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: You Can Show Reviews In Original Language On Internationalized Pages, Search Engine Roundtable
- Moz Local Industry Report: Who’s Winning Wireless Searches?, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Rules for Successful PPC Testing, Metric Theory
- AdWords Scripts To Manage PLA Shopping Ads, PPC Hero
- Best Practices to Using PPC to Promote Events, SEMrush Blog