Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AdWords ad rotation, local panel ads & trip search
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google upgrades flight and hotel search to provide price grid views & more
Aug 29, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Google’s new features can help you find the perfect route and most economical prices for your upcoming trips.
- Google debuts giant new look for Local Inventory Ad product search in Knowledge Panels
Aug 28, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
A search bar and multiple product listings are part of the update.
- Google says it will offer antitrust remedy to EU to avoid further penalties
Aug 29, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Will the proposal bring the consumer-unfriendly return of “10 blue links?”
- Buying a pre-owned domain? Check these 10 things first
Aug 29, 2017 by Stephanie LeVonne
Purchasing a previously owned domain can be risky, but columnist Stephanie LeVonne has some tips to help you vet the domain and ensure a smooth site migration.
- AdWords ad rotation settings to get trimmed: Optimize or don’t
Aug 29, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The machine learning-powered ad rotation setting comes front and center.
- How to rank #1 on YouTube search in 30 days [case study]
Aug 29, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
Want to know how to outrank your competitors on YouTube? Columnist Andrew Dennis outlines his process for dominating the top spots in YouTube search.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Martech enablement series: Part 4 — Building the team
- 5 tools to take your marketing automation to the next level
- 6 web properties you can use to protect your branded search results (with real examples)
- Google hates obnoxious pop-up ads: Here’s why you need to look at the ads on your site
- Real Story Group: Good time to get your informational house in order
- MarTech Today Research: A marketer’s guide to personalization tools
- Smartling now offers predictive score on translation quality
- Mapping the new economy of micro-influence: What governments can learn from brand marketers
- As EU’s GDPR nears, RSA’s CMO warns of security threats within martech infrastructures
- It’s Amazon vs. Google as we enter a new era of online-to-offline commerce
Search News From Around The Web:
- Facebook’s 21-Year-Old Wunderkind Leaves for Google, Bloomberg
- Google Faces Tuesday Deadline as Clock Ticks Toward EU Fines, Bloomberg
- What Is SEO’s Role in the Digital Marketing World?, Search Engine Journal
Local & Maps
- Android Oreo’s picture-in-picture feature now usable in Google Maps, Android Central
- Together we can do more to support those affected by Hurricane Harvey, Google Blog
- Xbulla! A remarkable drowned cenote, SearchReSearch
- Faceted navigation for SEO best practices, Builtvisible
- Google On URLs & SEO For Recurring Event & Updated Item Pages, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Stop Watching Or Chasing The Search Algorithm, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Mobile-First Index: What It Is & How You Can Prepare, Search Engine Journal
- How to balance web page speeds with rich content, hallaminternet.com
- Mobile-First Strategy: What’s Really Best for Your Own Site?, wearefine.com
- The Ultimate Site Audit With SEMrush, SEM Rush
- What’s the maximum file size Google can index?, icgonline.co.uk
SEM / Paid Search
- Build Customer Relationships With Facebook Sponsored Messages Ads, Metric Theory
- Reasons To Consider Call Tracking With Call Recording, PPC Hero