Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google iOS App Update, Google Shopping Adds Automated Bid Options & More
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s iOS App Now Provides Context-Aware Conversational Search
Google recently updated its iOS app to bring context-aware searching to any content within search results. It allows searchers to ask additional questions without formulating entirely new queries.
- Google Shopping Adds Full Suite Of Automated Bidding Options
Advertisers will now have bid type options aplenty across their Google Shopping Campaign.
- The Shifts In Consumer Behavior Driving Google’s Maturation
Columnist Nathan Safran takes a look at where Google is heading — and what challenges it faces — in the age of mobile.
- Four Ways To Stay On Top Of Average CPC
Cost-per-click is a hugely important metric in AdWords. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson dives deep into Google’s perspective on Average CPC.
- Search In Pics: Felicia Day At Google, Mobile Google Trucks & ABC-Strasse
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the Web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter’s Advice For Better Customer Service: Get Personal
- AXA CMO Says Using Social Media Is Best Way To Understand How We Can Adapt
- Chiquita Teams With Universal’s Minions For In-Store Mobile Game Experience
- Marketing Teams Will Soon Include “Engagement Scientists”
- This Is Your First-Party Data On Steroids
- How To Use Video To Enhance Your Email Marketing Campaigns
Search News From Around The Web:
- How To Get The Google Forum RSS Feeds, Search Engine Roundtable
- The future of SEO: Apple vs. Google, VentureBeat
- The Right Way to Think About Google, CopyBlogger
Local & Maps
- Running With The Pack: Competing in Local Search Just Got Harder, Search Influence
- Google News Lab Google Hangout August 28, 2015, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Create Display URLs In Bulk, PPC Hero
- Video: Google Alphabet Links, Interstitial Penalty & Google User Actions Ranking, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why No One Pays Attention to Your Marketing – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Disappearing App Users? Here’s How Deep Links Might Bring Them Back, readwrite.com
- Google Photos Card Shows More Results, Google Operating System
- Mobile Search Apps Make Moves in China, www.emarketer.com
SEM / Paid Search
- How PPC Management Supports the Ecommerce Sales Funnel, digitalthirdcoast.net
- Improve Your Time on Site Metrics with Google Tag Manager, LunaMetrics
- The Importance of Focus for Your PPC Strategy, Beyond the Paid
- Yandex Direct: The New Auction Is Coming But What Does It Mean For Advertisers?, WebCertain
- English Google Webmaster Hangout Transcript, SEO Portal
- Google Would Love To Make Interstitials Ads A Negative Search Ranking Factor, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Build an SEO Optimized Web Page, Kiss Metrics