Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Google Smarter Search, Facebook Google App Indexing & Foursquare With Apple Maps
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Foursquare Joins Apple Maps Data Sources As Company Builds Out Ecosystem
Nov 16, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Apple continues to improve its mapping product by adding new features and content, albeit often under the radar. Last year, reviews and content from Booking.com and TripAdvisor began to show for locations and travel destinations, especially outside the US. In June of this year, the company introduced public transit routing as part of iOS 9 […]
- Facebook Now Using Google App Indexing To Drive Visitors From Search Into Its App
Nov 16, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Use of app indexing will send searchers from Google into the Facebook app, but only on Android and not for all Facebook content.
- Google Search Quality Raters Handbook Updated With Mobile Guidelines, Local Queries & Know Queries
Nov 16, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
It’s been a year since we have seen coverage of a new Google Search Quality Rater’s Guide. Here is what is new.
- Google’s Natural Language Search Gets Smarter
Nov 16, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google is now smarter at understanding queries that include superlatives and times, as well as more complicated questions.
- Image Extensions Get Another Go In Bing Ads, Now Out Of Beta
Nov 16, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Image extensions are now available in all Bing Ads markets.
- [Reminder] Live Webcast: Why Agencies Need Marketing Automation
Nov 16, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s clear in today’s market that traditional media companies need to adapt to the digital environment to grow their market share. A major challenge for agencies is to be able to quickly and accurately identify which customers are ready to adopt a digital strategy while insuring their sales team a cost-effective and efficient conversion. In […]
- Android 6 “Marshmallow” & SEO Series: Click To Search With Google Mobile
Nov 16, 2015 by Cindy Krum
In the third and final article on the mobile search impact of Android Marshmallow’s new features and capabilities, contributor Cindy Krum discusses the “Click to Search” feature.
- Writing Ad Copy That Converts
Nov 13, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Digital marketing is a cluttered space. With a list of ad formats and platforms that seems endless, there is an ever-growing number of ways to measure ad performance. Digital marketers have many optimization tactics at their disposal including, bids, budgets, targeting and keywords. While these all are important, the only thing that your potential customer […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Will Fraud, Waste & Ad Blocking Drive More Outcomes-Based Ad Models?
- YouTube Shopping Ad Formats Now Available To All AdWords Advertisers
- Using Paid Search To Bring Customers In-Store
- Can You Now Trust Google To Crawl Ajax Sites?
- Why Digital Attribution Is An Unsolvable Problem
- 8 Ways To Boost Your Internal Culture Of Content Marketing
- Bombora Brings Massive B2B Intent Data Store For The First Time To Adobe
- MarTech Today: Active View For Apps, MarTech As Fantasy Football & Anti-Bot Video Ads
- Email Marketing Search Engine Notablist Launches Pro Edition With Real-Time Alerts & Dashboard
- Facebook Piloting New Profile Search Feature On Profile Pages
- Modern Marketing Essential Guide To Social Marketing
- Snapchat Adds “Official Stories” Verification For Celebrities & Others
- Why Marketers Should Push For Machine Learning-Based Fraud Detection
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Must Take Blame For Spreading Bizarre Piracy News, torrentfreak.com
Local & Maps
- Google Maps reviewers can now earn 1 TB of free Drive storage, The Verge
- Street View comes to Ecuador and Bolivia, Google Earth Blog
- Backlink Immunity and Disavowed Link Disasters, EricWard.com
- Google: No Comment On Speculation Around Killing Penguin & Many Link Signals, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: We Will Not Release Penguin Until It Is Finished, Search Engine Roundtable
- Some SEOs Never Disavow Links, Some Disavow Night & Day, Search Engine Roundtable
- [New Feature Alert] Create A Separate Disavow File For Each Of Your Sites, blog.ahrefs.com
- Investigating A Traffic Crunch, hobo-web.co.uk
- Do E-Commerce Sites Completely Mess Up Their SEO?, Stone Temple
- Google’s John Mueller: Number One SEO Advice Is Be Consistent, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Make Every Piece of Content SEO Friendly, Content Marketing Institute
SEM / Paid Search
- Creating Better Client Facing Reports With Excel, PPC Hero
- Google AdWords Express Ads Missing Gold Stars?, Search Engine Roundtable