Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Translate App, Google News Crawler Update & GooglePlex Visitor Center
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Opens A Visitor Center
Here are pictures of Google’s temporary tour center, the permanent one is coming in the summer of 2015.
- Google News Now Will Crawl & Index Images Hosted Off Your Domain Name
Google News updated their image crawl process to include images hosted off the publishers domain.
- The B2B SEO Opportunity In Organizational Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions present unique opportunities and challenges for B2B search marketers. Columnist Derek Edmond explains how to plan and prepare for the process.
- Q4 Paid Search Ad Revenue Up 24 Percent YoY In The Americas [Kenshoo]
Mobile accounted for more than a third of clicks and ad spend.
- How To Leverage The Best Local Content Source For Multi-Location Brands
Contributor Adam Dorfman offers helpful advice to large brands seeking to improve their local marketing efforts.
- Google History Added A Section For Your Google Now Cards
Check your Google Now Card history in your Google Web History section.
- My 4 New Year’s Resolutions For A New Year Of SEO
What are your SEO resolutions for 2015? Columnist Erin Everhart shares hers.
- Google Translate App Gets Improved Picture & Conversational Translation
The new Google Translate app for iOS and Android brings real-time camera based translation and conversational translation to iOS.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- #ThisGirlCan Campaign Inspires Women To Wiggle & Jiggle With Pride & Purpose
- Top 10 Most Shared Super Bowl Ads Of All Time: Budweiser’s “Puppy Love” Only 2014 Video Ad To Make The List
- Study: Despite “Time Spent” Gap, Mobile Web Just As Important As Apps
- Twitter Wooing App Developers With World Outreach Tour
- CES 2015: The Big Trends That Should Matter To Marketers
- 3 Steps To 2015 Marketing Success For Retail Standouts
- Holiday E-Commerce Sales Up 27% For SMB Retailers In 2014
- Facebook To Launch “Work”, The Social Solution For Company Communication
- Why I’m Bullish On Content Creators In 2015
- Foster Better Campaign Performance Through Superior Client Relations
- It’s Time To Spice Up Your Email Content
- LinkedIn To Launch Intra-Company Tools To Help Unify The Workplace
- Survey: Mobile Integration Makes Other Digital Marketing More Effective
Search News From Around The Web:
- Mayer: Google’s ‘20% Time’ Does Not Exist, Business Insider
Local & Maps
- Beware Of Google Maps Spam Over Virtual Offices, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Your Local Business Schema Sucks and How To Make it Better |, Whitespark
- Google Upgrades The PageSpeed Insights API, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Webmaster Tools Updating Messages Text & Layouts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Optimizing images for SEO, Yoast
- These Clickbait Sites Are Building Massive SEO Traffic, brianprovost.com
- Want a Google Knowledge Graph Source Link? Try a Facebook Post, The SEM Post
SEM / Paid Search
- Marketers should think outside the (search) box, Bing Ads
- How To Find Out If It’s Seasonality Or Something Else, PPC Hero
- A Relationship in Review: My Mixtape for Google, Web Talent Marketing
- How to get awesome actionable data from your events in Google Analytics, Branded3