Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
The Keith Haring Google Logo
To celebrate the life of the late Keith Haring, Google has a special Google Logo (aka Doodle).
Today would be his 54th birthday. He died at the young age of 31. But he was well known for his graffiti art and much of his later years he was involved in activism and awareness about AIDS. He was diagnosed with AIDS in 1988 and set up a foundation, Keith Haring Foundation, in 1989.
In Haring’s short career his work was featured in over 100 solo and group exhibitions.
Born in Reading, Pennsylvania, he moved to New York City and enrolled in the School of Visual Arts in 1978. Some of his inspiration included Jean Dubuffet, Pierre Alechinsky, William Burroughs, Brion Gysin and Robert Henri’s manifesto.
Google honors his life with a Google Doodle today on his 54th birthday.
Other Google Logos:
- Google Grew Their Own Earth Day Logo
- Google Remembers Juan Gris, Cubism Artist With Logo
- Akira Yoshizawa Google Logo – Modern Origami
- Google Wave Logo For 155th Birthday Of Heinrich Rudolf Hertz
- Google Valentine’s Day Logo Features Tony Bennett’s Cold Cold Heart
- The Characters In Google’s Charles Dickens Logo
- Google Logo For Largest Observed Snowflake
- Google’s 5th “Doodle 4 Google” Contest Opens For K-12 Students
- Google Blackens Its Logo To Protest SOPA/PIPA, While Bing & Yahoo Carry On As Usual
- Google Honors Martin Luther King Jr. Day With “I Have A Dream” Logo
- Google Logo For Nicolas Steno: Father Of Modern Geology
- Google Logo Honors Addams Family Creator, Charles Addam