Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Testing Toggle For Search Options & Tools In Search Results
Google is testing a new user interface feature for the search results where they hide the search tools and options from the left hand side and let you toggle them open and close with a click of a mouse.
Michel Wester spotted this and posted a video and screen shots of how it works.
Here are screen shots of it first closed and then opened after clicking on it:
Here is a video of it in action:
Google often tests user interfaces and sometimes those tests are rolled out to everyone using Google search.
- Google Mobile Tests Large Black Menu Drop Down Bar
- Concert Rich Snippets: List Your Ticket Sale Site Under Band Web Sites
- Google Moves Away From Large Navigation Drop Down Menu
- Google Adds Christmas & Hanukkah Decorations To Search Results
- Google +1 Button Hides In Search Results
- Confirmed: Google Testing New “Sources” Display In Search Results