SearchCap: Google News, Transparency Report & BrightLocal Survey
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Online Reviews, Reputation And How To Become Super Credible
Looking to build your online reputation? Columnist Marcus Miller details the mindset local businesses need to build credibility beyond simple reviews.
- Survey: Consumers Prefer Mobile Browser To Apps For Local Information
In the larger context of Google and now Bing’s Mobile Friendly algorithm updates comes a new consumer survey from SEO firm BrightLocal. The data show overall that consumer expectations of mobile sites, even for local business owners, have grown significantly since 2013. While local businesses have alternative ways to be found in local search apps and […]
- Search In Pics: Matt Cutts Wearing Panda, Android Chicken Dance & Google Grass Signage
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
- Google Updates Transparency Reports: Adds Preservation Requests & Expands Emergency Disclosures
Google says it provided information on 63 percent of the 30,138 global requests it received in 2014.
- Is It Time For Google To Rank News Content Behind Paywalls Better?
If Hollywood’s paid content can be shown without fear of upsetting searchers, why not news? But with more visibility, all access subscription may be needed.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Report: Calls Have 30 To 50 Percent Conversion Rates, Most Come From Mobile
- Brand Networks To Buy Social Advertising Platform Shift For $50 Million
- Watch Out Mountain View, More Google Self-Driving Cars Are Coming To A Street Near You
- Pulverizing Price Resistance To Improve Conversion Rates
- Like Google, Bing Is Planning To Reward Mobile Friendly Sites
- [Report] European Mobile Carriers Consider Targeting Google By Blocking Mobile Ads
- Sad To See You Go: The Impact Of Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation On Subscriber Rates
- Zuckerberg To SMBs: Facebook Pages Are Still The Best Way To Reach Consumers
Search News From Around The Web:
- Email Shows How Google Gets Things Done In Washington, BuzzFeed News
- Google Redesigns Support Forums: Here Is The Before & After, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Citysearch Now Powered By Yext: Local Search Partners, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Displays Visit Website Not Rates in Hotel Listings, The SEM Post
- Google Virtual Tour Business View Testing Auto Play Walk Throughs, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Combat 5 of the SEO World’s Most Infuriating Problems – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- How to Use Emotions to Drive Links for SEO, ignitevisibility.com
- Video: Bing Mobile Friendly Algorithm, Google Thin Content, Google Map Maker Hacks, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Your Google+ Profile Image is Important for SEO, The SEM Post
SEM / Paid Search
- 4 ways to stay ahead of the AdWords mobile curve, SEMpdx
- 7 Best Practices For Any PPC Account Restructure, Seer Interactive
- Using Bid Simulations And Estimates More Effectively, PPC Hero