SearchCap: Google Search Queries, Mobile Snippets & Bing Ads Lag
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Bing Ads Reduces Campaign Reporting Lag To 1 Hour Impression and click performance data is now delivered much faster. Thanksgiving Drove Retailers’ Highest Paid Search Revenue Gains Of The Holiday Season […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Ads Reduces Campaign Reporting Lag To 1 Hour
Impression and click performance data is now delivered much faster.
- Thanksgiving Drove Retailers’ Highest Paid Search Revenue Gains Of The Holiday Season [Report]
Revenue rose 50 percent year-over-year, just beating out Black Friday’s revenue gains of 49 percent according to Kenshoo.
- Google Analytics Rolling Out “Trash Can” Feature To Help Users Recover Deleted Data
New feature will save views, properties and accounts for 35 days after they have been deleted.
- Download Legacy PLA Product Target Data Prior To March 23
Google will be removing auto target tab data from old product listing ad campaigns.
- 5 Essential SEO Techniques To Master In 2015
SEO has truly come into its own as a marketing channel, but columnist Jim Yu argues that that doesn’t mean we should rest on our laurels.
- Google Mobile Search Descriptions Now Say If You’re Blocking Google
- Google Seeking Testers For Search Queries Report In Webmaster Tools
Google is working on a new search queries report in Google Webmaster Tools. Do you want to test it out? read on…
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Pinterest Is Now Pushing Promoted Pins Into Users’ Home Feeds
- Google Analytics New “Trash Can” Feature Saves Deleted Data
- From Speculation To Actual Sales, Facebook Debuts Conversion Lift Measurement
- With A Mobile Surge, Facebook Extends Dominance In Social Logins
- The Definitive Guide To Pinterest For E-Commerce
- AAPL Earnings Preview: Samsung Gains On iPad, But Apple Still Dominates
- 4 Underused Data Points For Conversion Optimization
- Twitter Will Now Let You Shoot & Upload Video From Your Mobile Device
- ‘Twas Not Lizards Nor Blizzards That Took Facebook Down
- Facebook & Instagram Went Down For An Hour Overnight
- Snapchat Launches “Discover,” Presents Stories From Advertisers To View
- Highlights From MSFT Earnings: Surface Sells, Bing Revenue Up, Windows Struggles
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Attend the Visualizing Big Data on Bing Maps Webcast, Bing Maps Blog
- Google Adds Book Carousel & Makes Changes to Book Related Knowledge Graphs, The SEM Post
- Introducing Power Search: It is Google for Stories, Building Feedly
- 6 Broader Business Questions to Inform Your SEO Strategy, komarketingassociates.com
- Easy SEO You Can Do for Your SaaS Website Right Now, SEMrush Blog
- Free SEO Tool for Competitive Research from Bruce Clay, Inc., BruceClay.com
- Google Looking For Topics For Their Google News Publisher Newsletter, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Weekend Update Was Not Penguin Or Panda, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Webmaster Tools: Search Appearance, Yoast
- Has SEO Changed? 11 Years in SEO, koozai.com
- How to Avoid Google Penalties: Twitter Chat #12, SEMrush Blog
- SEO Algo Updates Part 2 with Todd Malicoat & Charlie Ellis, Certified Knowledge
- Using Structured Data? Your Website Could Lose Traffic, Bill Hartzer
SEM / Paid Search
- For The Best PPC Ads Change Your Focus, PPC Hero
- Video: Will Yahoo Rock PPC Campaigns in 2015?, RKG Blog
- For Writers Only: Secrets to Improving Engagement on Your Content Using Word Pictures (and I Don’t Mean Wordle), Moz