Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Thomas Edison’s 164th Birthday Celebrated With Google Logo
Google is featuring a special Google logo, also known as Google Doodle, for the 164th birthday of Thomas Edison. The logo illustrates some of Edison’s most famous inventions including the electric light bulb, phonograph, and the motion picture camera. Edison holds over 1,000 U.S. patents and is the most well-known inventor of all time.
Here is the animated version of today’s Thomas Edison Google logo:
Edison was born on February 11, 1847 and died on October 18, 1931. He spent most of his years in New York City, although he was born in Milan, Ohio and died at 84 in West Orange, New Jersey. He was married twice and had six children.
For those interested, I also have a theme for Edison’s birthday at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For more on Edison’s life, see Wikipedia.
Other Recent Google Logos:
- Google’s Jules Verne Logo Powered By CSS3 & Accelerometers
- John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address Google Logo
- Google’s Paul Cézanne Logo
- Google’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Logo
- New Year’s Eve & Day 2011 Logos From Google & Others
- Google’s 2010 Holiday Logo: From St. Basil’s Cathedral To Chili Pepper
- Google Christmas Trees & Kwanzaa Flag Joins Chanukah Dreidel
- The Google Rosa Parks Logo