Google Instant Now For Google Places
Google has launched Google Instant Search for Google Place search results.
To see this yourself, conduct a search on Google and then click on “Places” in the left-hand panel. Then type in the search box and Google Instant will predict and auto fill your searches.
Here is an example query for pizza:
Google continues to roll out Google Instant on their vertical search features. Last month, Google Product Search gained Instant Search and Google promises to “continue to expand Instant to all views, languages and domains over the next few months.”
This roll out comes the week after Yahoo launched Search Direct.
- Google Instant Now On Product Search
- Google Adds Video Instant Previews To Some Results
- Google’s “Instant Previews” Now On iOS (iPhone/iPad) Browser
- Blue Arrows Hit Google Instant
- Google Instant Expands, Adds Keyboard Navigation
- Yahoo Had Instant Search In 2005 & Dropped It; Bing Kind Of Has It Now
- Google Instant Search: The Complete User’s Guide
- Yahoo Search Direct Takes On Google Instant By Providing Answers In The Search Box
- Live Blogging The “Google Instant” Press Event & How To Watch Live
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.