Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google+ Opens To More People, But Will That Last?
Hitting the page now brings up a sign-up box, rather than the usual “Keep Me Posted” message that I believe had been there:
Tony Steward on Google+ seems to be the first, or one of the first, to have spotted this, saying:
Just got news that Google Plus is open for everyone.
Earlier this week, Google opened up an invitation system for people to use. That was closed after only a few hours. So, it might be this opportunity will go away soon.
Note that some people are reporting that they get the “Keep Me Posted” type of message when they go to the page. It could be that Google is randomly allowing people in who visit the page.
Others say that even after they sign up, they get the “Keep Me Posted” message, like this:
But others do appear to be getting through.
Since invites were officially closed earlier this week, Google has still been allowing plenty of people through the system. The “share” method, described in Google Now Lets Those In Google+ Offically Invite Others, has been working for days now.
- Google’s Facebook Competitor, The Google+ Social Network, Finally Arrives
- First Look: “Hands On” With Google+
- Google Plus: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
- Google+ Sees First “Privacy Flaw,” Will Fix
- Hangout Is Breakout Feature Of Google+, When Will Facebook Match?
- How To See Inside Google+ If You Can’t Get Inside Google+