A Quora thread noticed that Google Real Time Search is now including more sources beyond Twitter, Google News, Buzz and other sources. The new additions appear to be from Quora.com, Gowolla, Plixi, Me2day, Twitgoo and some others. Public Facebook profiles and fan pages have been included for a while.
So to update our Google Real Time source list, here is our revised list:
- Twitter tweets
- Google News links
- Google Blog Search links
- Newly created web pages
- Freshly updated web pages
- FriendFeed updates
- Jaiku updates
- Identi.ca updates
- TwitArmy updates
- Google Buzz posts
- MySpace updates
- Facebook fan page updates
Google has not confirmed the new sources but we now see them in the real time search stream.
- Google Adds MySpace To Real-Time Results & Images Site Command Updates
- Google Real Time Search Now Shows Updates From Facebook Fan Pages
- Google Adds Images To Real-Time Results
- Google Tweaks Realtime Search Display
- What Social Signals Do Google & Bing Really Count?
- An Illustrated Guide To Searching For Shared, Tweeted & “Realtime” Images
- Google Webmaster Video Reconfirms Use Of Social Signals
- In The Wake Of Bing & Facebook, Google Web Search Tests Getting More Social
- Google Realtime Search Gets Home Page, Conversation View, Alerts & Geosearch