Google’s Ice Cream Sundae Logo
Happy 119th anniversary to the ice cream sundae! Yes, 119 years ago, in Ithaca, New York, two men invented the first ice cream sundae. To celebrate the day and bring awareness to this event, Google has a special ice cream sundae logo.
The two men, John M. Scott and Chester Platt, first called the dish the “Cherry Sunday” and tried to trademark the term “Sunday.” That never happened and later on it became known as the “Sundae.”
Anyway, I hope you all enjoy a refreshing and delicious ice cream sundae today!
If not, you can at least enjoy the Google logo.
- Google Logo & “Pegwoman” Celebrate 100th Anniversary Of International Women’s Day
- Google’s Jules Verne Logo Powered By CSS3 & Accelerometers
- The Google Rosa Parks Logo
- The Flintstones Google Logo: Yabba-Dabba Do!
- Google’s Spinning Buckyball Logo
- Video: Meet The Google Doodlers
- Insert Coin, Play Pac-Man — In The Google Logo! A 30th Anniversary Tribute
- Those Special Google Logos, Sliced & Diced, Over The Years
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.