New Google Easter Egg: Conway’s Game of Life
Google’s latest easter egg in the search results leads you to the Game of Life.
Search for [conway's game of life] and the search results page will start to be over run by cellular automaton. It was created by British mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970 as a zero-player game. Yes, once the game is started, it plays out by itself. What do you do? Just watch it evolve.
Here is a video of the game in action on Google:
I spotted this on John Mueller’s Google+ page.
Other Google Easter Eggs
- Chuck Norris Stars In Google’s Latest Knowledge Graph Joke
- Google’s Latest Easter Egg: Search For Lionel Richie
- StarCraft Themed Google Easter Egg “Zerg Rush” Calls An Attack On Your Search Results
- An Easter Egg For The Qingming Festival On Google
- Google’s Easter Eggs For Binary, Octal & Hexadecimal
- Google’s Let It Snow Easter Egg
- VIDEO: Google’s “Do A Barrel Roll” Search Is Latest Easter Egg
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.