New Google Easter Egg: Conway’s Game of Life
Google’s latest easter egg in the search results leads you to the Game of Life.
Search for [conway's game of life] and the search results page will start to be over run by cellular automaton. It was created by British mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970 as a zero-player game. Yes, once the game is started, it plays out by itself. What do you do? Just watch it evolve.
Here is a video of the game in action on Google:
I spotted this on John Mueller’s Google+ page.
Other Google Easter Eggs
- Chuck Norris Stars In Google’s Latest Knowledge Graph Joke
- Google’s Latest Easter Egg: Search For Lionel Richie
- StarCraft Themed Google Easter Egg “Zerg Rush” Calls An Attack On Your Search Results
- An Easter Egg For The Qingming Festival On Google
- Google’s Easter Eggs For Binary, Octal & Hexadecimal
- Google’s Let It Snow Easter Egg
- VIDEO: Google’s “Do A Barrel Roll” Search Is Latest Easter Egg
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.