SearchCap: Google Multilingual, Bing Ads Editor Update & Google DMCA At New Levels
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s Search App Is Now Truly Multilingual
Around the world millions of people are multilingual or partly so. In the US, census data reflect that 20 percent of the population speaks more than one language at home (though this really only captures immigrants). But in what I imagine is something of a speech recognition breakthrough Google’s search app can now understand commands […]
- New Bing Ads Editor 10.5 Features Shared Library For Negative Keyword Lists
Bing Ads has released the latest update of Bing Ads Editor, the desktop tool for campaign editing and management. Version 10.5 includes supports several new features including a negative keyword library, and refined ad scheduling and geo-targeting options. Negative Keyword Library The negative keyword library has been in pilot and is now widely available. It’s […]
- If Account-Level Quality Score Doesn’t Exist, Can It Really Hurt Your AdWords Program?
Google has continually denied that an account-level Quality Score exists — yet this unseen metric still seems to have an impact on AdWords performance.
- Google DMCA Notices Reach Record High With 7.8 Million Link Removal Requests Filed In One Week
Going on Google’s recent takedown notice numbers, it looks as if the site may be spending as much time on link removal requests as it is algorithm updates. According to TorrentFreak, Google is now processing an average of more than a million takedown requests a day, an enormous increase from five years ago when the […]
- Fun Google Search Easter Eggs Work With Query Refinements
Google is a big fan of doing easter eggs, and we’ve covered many of them in the past including ones that mess around with the display of the search results listing page. They include the do a barrel roll and blink HTML examples. But did you know they work with query refinements, as well? Because of […]
- Google Sending Invalid Error Notices Of Redirecting Smartphone Users To Homepage
A couple weeks ago, we reported that Google began sending notices to webmasters over faulty mobile redirects. This notice was to inform webmasters of notices being shown to searchers that the searcher may be redirected to the home page as opposed to the specific page they are clicking on within the Google search results. It […]
- Google Says HTTPS Is A Ranking Signal, But It’s Not Really
Is it worth it for webmasters to switch to HTTPS in light of Google’s recent announcement?
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Marketing Day: Instagram Adds Metrics, Twitter Fights Spam & Why Tag Management Matters
- Facebook Rolls Out Analytics For App Links, Says 3 Billion URLs Have Been Enabled
- Axe Extends #KissForPeace Effort With Crowdsourced Messages Of Peace
- Facebook And Social Media Rule The World Of Apps
- In Push To Court Corporations, Instagram Releases Better Tools For Brands
- Banned AdSense Publisher Cries Foul After Receiving Encouragement From Google Reps
- Be A Statistically Significant Marketer (Part 2)
- What Is Tag Management & Why Should You Care?
- Meet BotMaker, Twitter’s Spam Fighting Tool That Eradicated 40% More Spam
- 4 Ways For Retailers To Maximize Mobile This Holiday Season
- Florida Judge Rules That Facebook Likes Aren’t Owned By Page Creators
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Visit the sets of this year’s Emmy Award nominees on Google Maps, Google LatLong
- Bulk Image Link Spam Going Un-detected?, Web Marketing School
- Google Webmaster Tools Just Got a Lot More Important for Link Discovery and Cleanup, Moz
- Hangout on Recent Google Updates: Panda, Penguin & HTTPS, BruceClay.com
- ISOOSI Chat – Pandas, Penguins and Penalties, ISOOSI Blog
- Teliad Confirms Google Penalty, States They Aren’t a Link Network, The SEM Post
- The Great Debate: Website Speed and SEO Value, SEMrush Blog
- The importance of ongoing SEO for your website, Vertical Leap
SEM / Paid Search
- 10 Tips for Winning With Bing Product Ads, ClickZ
- Account Structure: The Backbone of PPC Success, PPC Hero
- Are your Product Listing Ads ready for August 31st?, Inside AdWords
- RKG Releases Paid Search Retail Case For Universities, RKG Blog
- You’re Probably Making One of these 3 Bonehead AdWords Mistakes, The SEM Post
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.