Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Penguin, Mobile Redirects & SEO Visualized
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google: Next Penguin Update Should Happen By End Of 2015
Oct 29, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google’s new real-time Penguin algorithm, version 4.0, will likely be released by the end of this year.
- Google Warns Webmasters Again: Do Not Use Sneaky, Mobile-Based Redirects
Oct 29, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
After warning webmasters in early 2014 about sneaky mobile redirects, Google now says it will issue manual actions, but also offers advice on how to clean up the unwanted redirects.
- The Most Important Thing SEOs Overlook: Internal Links
Oct 29, 2015 by Patrick Stox
Most search engine optimization practitioners are familiar with the benefits of internal linking, but columnist Patrick Stox insists that we should be working a little harder to maximize their value.
- Visualizing SEO: Why Visualizing SEO Data Matters
Oct 29, 2015 by Janet Driscoll Miller
Columnist Janet Driscoll Miller discusses the importance of data visualization and shows some of her favorite tools for the job.
- How RankBrain Changes Entity Search
Oct 29, 2015 by Kristine Schachinger
Columnist Kristine Schachinger provides a handy primer on entity search, explaining how it works and how Google is using its RankBrain machine learning system to make it better.
- Social PR Psychographic Segmentation: The NEW Facebook Influencer Marketing
Oct 29, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
For hundreds of years, PR pros whipped out little black books for person-to-person content pitching. It’s true. Relationships matter more than ever. However, these days, radical psychographic influencer targeting makes easy work of placing precious PR content in front of influencers’ eyeballs via social feeds. After all, media players, bloggers and other important distribution targets […]
- Enterprise Call Analytics Platforms — New Marketing Intelligence Report
Oct 28, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing Land and Digital Marketing Depot have recently published a new Market Intelligence Report, “Enterprise Call Analytics Platforms 2015,” that examines the market for call analytics platforms. The flood of mobile calls to US businesses continues unabated, changing the way brands view the telephone as an inbound marketing channel. As consumers increasingly use their smartphones […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Introduces New “Slideshow” Ad Unit For Emerging Markets, SMBs
- Adobe Predicts Online Holiday Sales To Hit Record $83B, Cyber Monday To Generate $3B
- REI Urges Folks To #OptOutside In Its Social Anti-Campaign For Black Friday
- Unmetric Unveils Prediction Engine For Social Posts
- Despite New Mobile Tech, Marketers Still Favor Coupons For Offline Attribution
- Report Finds Black Friday Email Open Rates Highest On Monday & Tuesday Before Thanksgiving
- The Power Of Customer Trust In Brand Marketing
- Mobile Strategy For The Holidays: Two Industry Insiders Answer 5 Critical CMO Questions
- Tips for Building A Priority Account List For B2B Account-Based Marketing
- How Scarcity Changes Our Brains And Boosts Your Conversion Rates
- MarTech Today: Promise Of Big Data, Programmatic Influencer Marketplace & Wayback Machine Rebuilds
- Milan-Based Company Launches Multi-Tech Device For Tracking Real-World Customers
- Yelp Beats Expectations With $143.6 Million In Revenue, Transactions Way Up
Search News From Around The Web:
- Looking back at Marie Curie’s radical discovery: How the Mother of Modern Physics might have used Google Apps, Google For Work
- What the Google Yahoo Deal Means to You – If Anything, Small Biz Trends
Local & Maps
- Current Google Plus Page URL Cluster F%&k Alert, Mike Blumenthal
- Apple TV’s Siri Search Will Soon Include Apple Music, BuzzFeed News
- Boo! Hide ‘n Street…View, Google Lat Long
- Looking for Sharper Images in Google Earth, New York Times
- How To Rank Better in Search Engine Results Without Link Building, digitalthirdcoast.net
- The Privatization of Local Search, Street Fight
- Trend or treat: Searching for the top Halloween costumes, Official Google Blog
- 2 Big Things Changing SEO Forever, Bruce Clay, Inc.
- Feeding Search Engines To Rise in Rankings, Search Engine People
- Fresh Data On My Google Panda 4.2 Recovery, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Recommends Against Making Your robots.txt File Dynamic, Search Engine Roundtable
- Googles RankBrain = Phantom-Update (?!), tagseoblog.com
- Tales From The SERPs | Scary Penalties, Leverable SEO
- Webmasters Can Have 1000 Sites in Google Search Console, thesempost.com
- Why Web Links Are so Important for Your Business, Compukol
SEM / Paid Search
- 8 Easy Tactics For Better Client Relations, PPC Hero
- Brands And Agencies Should Practice Safe Advertising With Google, AdExchanger
- Using AdWords to Target Existing Customers, Practical Ecommerce