Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Pinterest Search Customized By Gender, Dissecting Organic Traffic & Expedia Buys Travelocity
Amy Gesenhues on January 23, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- PLAs Drove 56 Percent Of Non-Brand Google AdWords Clicks In Q4 [RKG]
Click share also rose on Bing’s product ads, doubling from Q3.
- Pinterest Search Is Now Customized By Gender
Aiming to attract more men to its social bookmarking network, the company is serving different search results for males and females.
- Automatic AdWords Currency Conversion Now Enabled In Google Analytics
Advertisers that use a different currency in AdWords and Analytics will now be able to easily compare cost data in Analytics.
- News Aggregator SmartNews Shows Rapid Growth, Adds Local Channels
SmartNews’ usability has driven huge adoption under the radar.
- How To Dissect Your Organic Traffic By Intent & Funnel It Into Sales
Columnist Neil Patel reminds us it’s not the search query itself, but the intent behind it that is important to divine, if we marketers are to effectively drive conversions
- 2 Tales Of Clarity Using Google Analytics’ Multi-Channel Funnel Reporting
Are you making use of Multi-Channel Funnel (MCF) reports in Google Analytics? Columnist Carrie Albright offers ways to glean insights from one report in particular: Top Conversion Path.
- Search In Pics: Google Glass Mug, Google Pool Table & Gmail Paper
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
- Travel Search Consolidation: Expedia Buys Rival Travelocity For $280M
The move puts most US and global travel market in just a few hands.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Pinterest Continues Its Manhunt, Touts Growth Among U.S. Males
- Zombies Dead Ahead! (It’s Cool, Though — You WANT These Zombies.)
- Will Super Bowl Advertisers Score On NBC’s Free Live Stream?
- 5 Tips For A Successful Conversion Rate Optimization Program
- Google Trusted Stores Drops Shipping & Order Cancellation Feed Requirements
- Pinterest Search Now Knows If You’re Male Or Female
- Twitter Officially Rolls Out Bing Translation
Search News From Around The Web:
- From Links to Content: How to Transition Your Business in 2015, Vertical Measures
- Some Webmasters Reporting Link Data In Webmaster Tools As Unavailable, Search Engine Roundtable
- Know What Your Audience Wants Before Investing in Content Creation and Marketing – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Mistakes to Avoid in Digital Marketing, dijitul
- The Weekly Measure: Mind Maps, SEO Tips & Backlink Potential, Vertical Measures
- Video: Google Mobile Warnings, Google Update, Yahoo & Bing Test Google & Firefox Hurts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Uber driver, wine maker, working from home make the list as Bing predicts career trends of 2015, Bing Search Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- 2015 – The Year of the Stock Portfolio in PPC Marketing, SEM Geek
- How Football Shaped My Philosophy Regarding PPC, PPC Hero
- Google News Publishers Seeing Less Traffic From Google Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- Insidious Thin Content on Large-Scale Websites and Its Impact on Google Panda, hmtweb.com
- Possible Google Algorithm Update? Too Early To Tell?, Search Engine Roundtable