SearchCap: Gboard SEO, Google PLAs & Project Tango
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
Barry Schwartz on May 16, 2016 at 4:00 pm
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Product Listing Ads officially launch in Image search, among announcements for retailers
May 16, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New features for Local Inventory Ads and an update on Purchases on Google.
- Google to showcase Project Tango indoor mapping and VR/AR platform at Google I/O
May 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google’s ambitious Tango initiative brings the digital and physical worlds even closer together.
- Printing your way to SEO success
May 16, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Columnist Marcus Miller discusses how offline marketing strategies can be used to influence and improve local businesses’ digital marketing efforts.
- Local SEO: Become the voice online for your market
May 16, 2016 by Corey Barnett
How can you improve online visibility for your local business? Columnist Corey Barnett advises producing content of interest to your community, even if it’s not directly related to your business.
- PPC skeptics: Are you one of these 6 types?
May 16, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
You may have your reasons for being unsure about paid search advertising, but columnist Pauline Jakober hopes to rid you of your skepticism.
- SEO for Gboard? How Google’s new keyboard search for iOS ranks content
May 16, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
There’s a new SERP in town, the search engine results page generated by Gboard. And it’s not just mobile search results reformatted in a horizontal layout.
- Will search engines fall to AI?
May 16, 2016 by Sponsored Content: Bing Ads
Lately, there’s been a rumble pretty much everywhere about artificial intelligence, digital personal assistants, the Internet of Things, wearables and apps for everything. I’ve even written about what the rise of digital assistants means to search. There are some who claim that these new technologies will render search obsolete, passed over for the convenience and […]
- Want to speak at SMX East? Here’s how
May 16, 2016 by Chris Sherman
The agenda for our upcoming SMX East show is live and we’ve opened up our “speaking pitch” form for select sessions for the show, taking place on September 27 – September 29, 2016 at The Javits Convention Center in New York city. To increase the odds of being selected, be sure to read the agenda. […]
- Early bird rates for SMX Advanced expire Saturday. Register today and save $400!
May 16, 2016 by Search Engine Land
If you’re seriously obsessed with SEO and SEM, keep reading to find out what SMX Advanced has in store for you! Register for an All Access Pass by Saturday and pay the early bird rate of $1895, a $400 savings compared to on-site rates. -The SMX Advanced Conference Team
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- WSJ: Amazon will soon be offering more private-label brands
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #13: Banned PPC ads, Facebook’s trending controversy & more
- The SEM agency is dying (and what to do about it)
- UC Davis scandal exposes the online reputation industry’s own bad rap issue
- Now emails can now stay on Google Customer Match lists indefinitely
- 3 segmentation strategies to maximize profits
- Facebook brings its brand-friendly video ads to its ad network
- The secret to email marketing success: delivering relevance
- Sorry, Google’s cool Gboard GIF search isn’t coming to the web
- MarTech Today: Marketo’s next-gen platform, Automattic’s .blog domains & Google Sitemap index counts
- Instagram’s new analytics give detailed insights
- Report: Europe readying “record-breaking” $3.4 billion antitrust fine against Google
Search News From Around The Web:
- Why Does Link Building Matter for SEO?, business2community.com
- Google Gives Advice On DMCA Pirate Algorithm Penalty, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Structured Data Testing Tool Redesigned, Search Engine Roundtable
- Just How Long Are Big-Company SEOs Waiting for Their Most Important Changes?, Moz
- New Mobile Title Tag Lengths for Google Search Results, thesempost.com
- The technical SEO audit complete guide, Branded3
- Why SEO Is Not a Do-It-Yourself Project – Here’s Why #68, Stone Temple
SEM / Paid Search
- Building Successful PPC: Tracking Success, Portent
- Google AdWords Purple Ad Label Reserved For Map Ads, Search Engine Roundtable
- Re-Engage Customers with Facebook Remarketing, PPC Hero
New on Search Engine Land