SearchCap: Google Home queries, Google My Business video bug & YouTube ad rules
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Study: 80% of Google Home results come from snippets
Jan 18, 2018 by Greg Sterling
But they aren’t always the source of answers for Google Home.
- Turn finger traffic to foot traffic
Jan 18, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Gone are the days when a consumer casually pops into a store and walks the aisles until she finds a product that suits her. Life is more hectic now, technology is more accessible, and consumers are becoming more purposeful in how they shop. According to an Adlucent survey, 70 percent of shoppers are multichannel consumers […]
- What’s next for technical SEO?
Jan 18, 2018 by Patrick Stox
As web technologies continue to grow and evolve, interest in technical SEO is growing along with it. Columnist Patrick Stox looks ahead to see what advancements are on the horizon and how these may impact technical SEO.
- 3 AdWords features you’re probably underutilizing
Jan 18, 2018 by Brett Middleton
Columnist Brett Middleton explores three commonly underused AdWords features that can have a big impact on performance: ad variations, Gmail ads and campaign experiments.
- YouTube sets stricter rules on videos that can carry ads
Jan 18, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Advertiser brand safety concerns are driving more changes at YouTube.
- Google My Business videos not showing up on your local listing? It’s a Google bug
Jan 18, 2018 by Barry Schwartz
No, you probably did not upload your videos incorrectly to Google My Business. Google confirmed a bug with the videos now showing and is working on fixing the issue.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- WhatsApp officially launches app, profiles for businesses
- Google introduces Cloud AutoML for employing machine learning without experts
- Competitive research: 3 free steps to a better brand strategy
- Optimize your holiday marketing dollars – long after the Christmas lights dim
- Voice search in retail: Evolving the customer experience
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google: Be Yourself & Not Your Keywords, Search Engine Roundtable
- Grow your business faster with machine learning: Part II, Inside AdWords
- Can Google Assistant and Voice Search Really Help Those Who Need it the Most ?, State of Digital
- Google Braced for England’s First ‘Right to Be Forgotten’ Trial, Bloomberg
- Moving from Last Click to Position-Based Attribution Modeling, PPC Hero
- SEO basics: What is UX (and why bother)?, Yoast
- The Great PPC Diet: How to Correct Over-Optimization in Paid Search, WordStream