Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Losing Mobile Ad Share, Google Sends Mobile URL Redirects Warnings & More
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Search Marketing Expo (SMX) Advanced Begins Next Week – Join us!
SMX Advanced takes place next week, June 10-12 in Seattle. Learn actionable new tactics, find inspiration, discover solutions to your campaign challenges, & make invaluable connections. Limited Search Engine Land Summit, Workshop, & Networking passes still available. Secure your spot – Register now!
- Report: Google Losing Share Of Mobile Search Ad Market
Data aggregator and prognosticator eMarketer is out with a new mobile advertising forecast that shows Google losing share of the mobile search ad market. The company says that apps are taking their toll on Google’s mobile ad dominance. The firm says that US mobile advertising in total will be $17.73 billion this year. That would […]
- Reusable Code For MCC Scripts Will Save You Tons Of Time In AdWords
Writing reusable code is something all developers strive for. Any developer worth his/her salt is continuously building a library of reusable code snippets to use in future development. You don’t need to re-invent the wheel each time a common problem is encountered because you can use the code you’ve already written. It also makes legacy […]
- Google To Warn Searchers When A Mobile URL Redirects To The Homepage
Don’t annoy mobile searchers. That’s the message behind a new warning that Google is showing in mobile search results on smartphones. On the Webmaster Central blog, Google alerted webmasters late yesterday that it will let smartphone searchers know if it thinks a website has a “faulty redirect” in place that sends the searcher to your […]
- Google Adds Street View Tours Of World Cup Stadiums
With the World Cup just a week away, Google has expanded its Street View imagery to coincide with the biggest sporting event on earth. Available today is new imagery inside all 12 stadiums that will be used during the tournament. You can do a 360-degree spin from the center of the pitch, or move your […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Trust Vs. Bribes And The Consumer Privacy Paradox
- Facebook Again Explains Why Organic Page Reach Is Falling, But Will That Satisfy Marketers?
- Reach & Frequency Capping Along With Video View Targeting Arrive For Facebook Ads
- Report: Google Chrome & Android Browsers Surpass IE, Become Most Popular Browsers In US
- WordPress.com To Start Serving Pages Over SSL As Anti-Surveillance Measure
- Twitter Acquires Namo Media To Boost Its Mobile Native Ads
- Pinterest Releases A Self-Service Dashboard For Promoted Pins & Upgraded Analytics
- These Very Human Toyota Prius’s Are #CarsThatFeel
- 3 Ways To Use Keyword Planner To Improve Your Mobile Search Visibility
- Amazon’s Smartphone Coming June 18, Price The X-Factor
- 4 Tips To Instagram Your Business
- How To Code HTML5 Video Background In Email
- The Secret Sauce Of Marketing Analytics: The 5W1H Framework
- Kenshoo Brings Search Intent To Social Retargeting On Facebook
Search News From Around The Web:
- How To Do Keyword Research for Ecommerce Accounts, PPC Hero
- No SEO, No Paid Search – So What the Heck IS eBay’s Search Strategy?, www.wordstream.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 8 ValueTrack Parameters For Better AdWords Campaign Data, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Coming Soon: Bing Ads Editor 10.4 with Extended Targeting Enhancements, advertise.bingads.microsoft.com
- Bing Ads Should Rethink Its Changes to Tablet Segmentation, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Going from Good to Great: 5 Ways to Optimize Your PPC Performance, Search Engine Journal
- How To Differentiate Your PPC Campaign From Competitors, ppc.org
- How Google Might Identify Synonyms for Entities Using Anchor Text, SEO By The Sea
- 28% Say Google’s Panda Update Penalized Them, Search Engine Roundtable
- Getting to grips with mobile SEO, eConsultancy
- 5 Ways To Gauge Authority In The Search Results, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- AJ Kohn: When Is SEO Not SEO? The #DMEShow Podcast – Episode 1, Stone Temple
- Google: Using SEO Community to ‘Clean Up’ the Web?, Search Engine Journal
- Many SEOs Feel Google’s Penalties Are Unethical, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO Power: The Rigged Search Game, SEO Book
- The State of SEO in Europe (Right to Be Forgotten & More) by BCI’s EU Director, BruceClay.com
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.