SearchCap: Google Reports “Right To Be Forgotten” Totals, Should You Copy SEO Tactics? & More
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Google Nixed 4,143 Links To YouTube, Groups Under “RTBF” On the heels of our earlier discussion of search-index removal requests under the “Right to Be Forgotten” (RTBF) in Europe, stories came […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Nixed 4,143 Links To YouTube, Groups Under “RTBF”
On the heels of our earlier discussion of search-index removal requests under the “Right to Be Forgotten” (RTBF) in Europe, stories came out about the direct release of data by Google itself. The data are being released in a new section in Google’s regular transparency report. The reports detail government requests to remove content from […]
- Study: 60 Percent of “Right To Be Forgotten” Requests Denied
Reputation VIP operates the Forget.me website intended to handle Google and Bing “Right to Be Forgotten” (RTBF) requests. Using three months of data, the company has released a study on RTBF’s impact in France, the UK and Germany. There was a smaller, separate study on Spain. It found that overall 60 percent of requests are […]
- Should You Copy A Top Site’s SEO?
Big sites like Amazon.com can teach us a lot about SEO…or can they? Contributor Tom Schmitz gives us the lowdown.
- What To Do When The PPC Competition Plays Dirty
Contributor Pauline Jakober shares concrete steps you can take to combat shady PPC practices — even when the search engine declines to take action.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- HP Enlists Vine Celebrities — And Everyone Else — To Help Kevin #FindRalph
- Marketers, You’re Thinking About Loyalty Programs All Wrong, And Other Consumer Disconnects [Study]
- 6 Mobile Innovations Retailers Have Time To Adopt For The Holidays
- What I Wish My CMO Knew About Brand Identity
- Introducing “CMO Zone,” Marketing Land’s New Section For & About C-Level Marketers
- HubSpot Is Worth Nearly $1 Billion After Gaining 20% On First Day Of Trading
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google a platform for piracy: new CEO, news.smh.com.au
- Google Suffers New Privacy Setback in Japan, Wall Street Journal
- Video: Google Panda Rolling, Mobile UX Ranking & Penguin Refresh?, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- 1000+ Niche Citation Sites for 41 Local Business Categories, www.brightlocal.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 6 Milestones For Successful PPC Campaigns, www.beyondthepaid.com
- BOO!, yahoosearch.tumblr.com
- Free Google Local Duplicate Listing Finder Tool, Mike Blumenthal
- Only 38% Of SEOs Are Not Concerned With Negative SEO Extortion, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO 201, Part 5: Evaluating Ecommerce Platforms, Practical E-Commerce
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
New on Search Engine Land