Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Bing News Adds Tweets To News Results
Bing has added tweets from Twitter on the Bing News search results pages. The tweets are public updates from the Twitter stream related to the news query.
For example, search for [japan] on Bing News and you will see a box on the right that says “Public updates for japan.” You can pause the stream of tweets, if you want to slow down the stream. You can also click through to read the tweet by the Twitter user directly on Twitter.com.
Finally, you can click on the “more updates” link to be taken to Bing’s Social Search results for that query.
Min-John (MJ) Lee, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft Bing news and real-time search, tweeted that this was new. He said, “@dannysullivan bing news just launched twitter tweets in news search results. (cc @sengineland).”
The Bing News search results page does look a bit cluttered and can maybe benefit from a slight redesign.
- Bing Launches Social Search Features
- Bing Social Search Now Recommends People To Follow On Twitter
- What Social Signals Do Google & Bing Really Count?
- Bing, Now With Extra Facebook: See What Your Friends Like & People Search Results
- Bing Integrates Facebook Likes Further Into Its Search Results