Google Testing New Navigation Interface: New Ad Location To Come?
Some Google users are noticing a new Google search interface with top down navigation, search options and filters. Currently, the search options and navigation are along the left hand side bar. This new interface has those options across the top of the search results.
Here is a picture:
Here is a video from Tecno-Net on how new interface works:
This leaves the question as to what will Google do with all that white space. I mocked up a scenario, out of pure speculation, showing ads on the left and the knowledge graph and Google+ results on the right:
Of course, this can be a limited test that we never see Google launch to the public. Google is constantly testing user interfaces and results.
Past Google User Interface Tests:
- Google Testing Toggle For Search Options & Tools In Search Results
- Google Moves Away From Large Navigation Drop Down Menu
- Google’s New Black Menu Bar Is Now Google’s Old Black Menu Bar
- Confirmed: Google Testing New “Sources” Display In Search Results
- Google Tests New Drop Down Navigation Bar From Google + Logo
- Google Tests Tabbed Navigation Design For Tablets
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.