Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Back With Twitter, Apple & Google Deal To Expire & Google App Indexing Stats
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- As Apple-Google Deal Expires, Who Will Win The Safari Default Search Business?
Will it be Bing, Yahoo or Apple itself that supplies Safari’s search engine?
- The Future Of Search Is Productivity Across Platforms
Columnist John Cosley of Bing Ads discusses the future of search in a multi-device, cross-platform world.
- Marketers Spent $4 Billion On Click-to-Call Advertising In 2014 — Report
Lack of keyword attribution creates a “blind spot” for search marketers.
- Google App Indexing Statistics & Errors Being Emailed To Webmasters
New Google Webmaster Tools email notifications drive app deep linking awareness in terms of errors and impression and click statistics.
- Why Your Mobile & Geo Modifiers For Paid Search Aren’t Getting The Job Done
Columnist Andy Taylor of RKG shares enlightening data on mobile PPC performance by age and location.
- Report: Google Will Get Access To Twitter’s Firehose Again
The agreement, reported by Bloomberg Business, comes 3 1/2 years after a similar arrangement ended. It will make tweets easier to find on the search giant.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Forget User Growth, Look At Twitter’s Record Earnings
- Yelp Achieves Profitability For First Time, Announces 72 Million Mobile Users
- Ray-Ban #Reflections App Takes Selfies To New Heights
- Instagram Video Now Loops In Your Stream
- A Fill-In-The Blank Content Strategy Document
- Use Google Analytics To Treat Your Account Holders Like Royalty
- Can Mobile Push Notifications Replace Marketing Emails?
- Twitter CEO Admits “We Suck At Dealing With Abuse & Trolls”
- Report: Twitter & Google Have Deal To Index Tweets Again
Search News From Around The Web:
- Bill Slawski on Google Direct Answers — #SMX Interview, BruceClay.com
- Matt Cutts Still Stays On Top Of The Search Industry & Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Bing Ads Forums Have a New Home with Microsoft Answers, Bing Ads Blog
- The Transparency of the Search Awards, State of Digital
Local & Maps
- Enhanced Reporting Now Available in Moz Local, Moz
- Google Now Outsourcing Local Packs to India, Local SEO Guide
- Google Street View Comes to Bangladesh, The Next Web
- Russia’s Yandex Now Has A Parking App, TechCrunch
- Link Removals – Gathering & Cleaning The Data, David Naylor
- Bing Search for iPhone puts you in control, Bing Search Blog
- Searching For Mommy In Google Images Brings Up Topless Women, Search Engine Roundtable
- Some Patents Behind Microsoft’s Personal Assistant Cortana, SEO By The Sea
- 10 Ways to Boost Your SEO With Pinterest, Shimon Sandler
- 4 Ways SEO Copywriters Can Increase Their Income – Fast! – SuccessWorks, seocopywriting.com
- How Important is Social Media Engagement in Overall SEO?, SEMrush Blog
- How to Make the Most Out of an International SEO Campaign, Search Engine Watch
- How To Optimize YouTube Related Videos [#TubeTalk #58], reelseo.com
- HOW TO: Correctly Test to See if Starting SEO is a Worthwhile Investment for Your Business?, internetmarketingninjas.com
- Major Google Search Algorithm Changes On February 4th, Search Engine Roundtable
- WordPress robots.txt Example, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- Capturing Non-Traditional Valentine’s Day Shoppers Online: A Last-Minute Checklist, RKG Blog
- Case Study: Turning a Client from Near Loss to Best Friend, PPC Hero
- Don’t Let Google Shopping Campaigns Trip You Up, PPC Hero
- From Simple Concatenation to an AdWords-Ready CSV Import File, SEMrush Blog
- Stay On Schedule with AdWords Management Calendar, Luna Metrics
- Why Bing Ads Will Eventually Overtake Google Adwords, The SEM Post