Opinions expressed in this article are those of the sponsor.
5 ways videos can help businesses generate more revenue
Grab your audience’s attention and keep them engaged with your brand.
How do videos help businesses generate more revenue? Industry data proves that it can! The bottom line is video is increasingly becoming more critical. If you want to get in front of your audience, videos are among the best ways to get attention. According to research:
- 54% of customers want more video content from a brand or business they support [Oberlo]
- 60% of companies use video as a marketing tool [Biteable]
- 85% of internet users in the United States watch online video content monthly [Markinblog]
- Internet users spend close to 7 hours each week watching online videos [Markinblog]
Here are 5 ways videos can help your business generate more revenue.
1. Tell your story and increase your brand
Videos engage your potential clients
Videos are an important way to connect with different audiences. A video can capture your company culture and your products. It can generate interest in your brand and create loyalty.
- A personalized video is an under-utilized tool and worth testing. From our experience, campaigns frequently generate 50%+ email open rates and 40%+ CTRs. The results speak for themselves [HookAgency]
- 70% of consumers feel more connected to brands with CEOs active on social [Sproutsocial].
Videos can help people feel more engaged with your brand. Personalized videos can make a significant impression on your customers. If you know your customer’s interests, you can get them to open your emails and go to your landing pages.
Use a Platform Like Movavi to Create and Edit Videos
Movavi is an excellent way to organize your videos and edit them all in one place. You can then put these videos on different platforms to connect with audiences. They have an inexpensive annual license to do unlimited videos.
Movavi gives you the ability to edit and create videos. You can take video on a camera or from your laptop. Whenever you make a video, it’s crucial to be able to switch between different scenes. You can leverage the stock videos and photos from Storyblocks to create engaging videos.
2. Upgrade your SEO on YouTube and Google
Boost your reach with the biggest Search Engine sites
Videos are a great way to boost your SEO efforts. If you want to get more traffic through Google, video can help you rise in organic rankings. Because Google owns YouTube, they will put out YouTube videos in their search engine. Videos have a double benefit of showing up on YouTube and through your website.
- Online search continues to be the most common way (45%) for users to find instructional and informational video content [Techsmith]
- 83% of marketers say video has helped increase the average time their visitors spend on page [Wyzowl]
- 70% of what people watch on YouTube is recommended by its algorithm [InVideo]
Customers are still looking at Search Engines to watch videos. A large number of people will directly go on to YouTube or Google looking for content. It’s been increasingly important for businesses to check how they are utilizing videos for boosting their reach. However, just posting videos on YouTube is no longer enough to boost your visibility, you need to be aware of the latest YouTube trends to make sure that your video will be pushed by the platform’s algorithms and won’t get buried right after going live.
A side benefit of having videos on your website is that you will start ranking higher for your content. Whenever someone watches a video, it will increase the duration they are on your website. When people stay on your website longer, it will signal to Google that your website is good and rank you higher. By getting in front of more people, it will help your business generate more revenue.
You can really catapult growth by offering your audience something in exchange for their email address. It could be something simple like a downloadable PDF, but if you want to take it to the next level, consider building an online course.
Not only will this allow you to grow as a thought leader in the eyes of your customer, but it’ll allow you to grow the relationship with the individual who got access.
Repurpose content in multiple mediums (organize with Trello)
Trello is a project management tool. You can use it to organize your thoughts. I’ve found one of the best ways to use a project management tool is by creating steps on how you want to repurpose your content.
You can start with your video. You can get filming done, edited, and posted on YouTube and your website. If you have a blog, you can transcribe the video and create a blog post to create this content in written form. Your blog post can have little snippets that you use for your social media posts. Trello or similar programs can help you organize this process.
Steps for organizing your project management system:
- Create a card on video ideas for your business
- Create a card on filming and editing
- Get it posted on YouTube or your website
- Create more cards on repurposing it on social media, articles, and other places
- Assign tasks to different team members
Whenever you can organize your production schedule, you will understand where your videos are in production. You can use these videos for your emails, YouTube, blogs, websites, and social media.
3. Enhance your click-through-rate (CTR) in email
When you have videos, it helps your overall email campaigns. They can increase your click-through rate and the number of subscribers. It’s an excellent way to engage with your audience.
- Videos in Emails increase email click-through rates compared to emails without video by 300% [Wordstream]
- Open rates increase by 19% when you have videos in your email [Digitalgyd].
By creating a lot of videos, you can segment your email list to their interests. You can send videos that are more pertinent to your audience. It will drastically improve your engagement and increase your authority in your niche.
Different Email Service Providers (ESPs)
The standard email service provider should be able to send broadcast emails and automated emails. Most email providers will require you to take advantage of their automated emails. Look at connecting with your email subscribers with personal videos whenever possible to get the highest conversions.
Different Email Service Providers:
An email service provider will allow you to send broadcast emails to your whole email list. If you have a new video explaining your product or service, it can be an excellent way to introduce your new products through video. Sending videos to your email subscribers is a perfect way to get initial feedback about your video and potential sales.
4. Showcase your products and services with video
Get in-depth video reviews and draw your ideal customers
Whenever people are coming to some buying decision, they will generally look at reviews. Customers value thoughts from an unbiased source.
- 89% of customers won’t take action until they read reviews [HostingTribunal]
- YouTube users watched over 50,000 years’ worth of review videos in two years [Comparitech]
- 77% of consumers say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a video [Smallbiztrends]
People will consume reviews about products and services through multiple channels. Consider having your video videos and also written videos whenever possible. You will be able to target different audiences by offering other content mediums.
Getting influencers to review your product or service
Influencer marketing is becoming increasingly popular. Influencers already have a large audience they can reach. For a lot of businesses, you can significantly increase your ROI just by investing in influencer marketing.
Steps to connect with influencers:
- Use software like NinjaOutreach or BuzzStream to connect with influencers.
- Introduce your product or service to the influencer.
- Find out compensation.
Whenever you connect with influencers, you will need to do some negotiating. If you can get an influencer in your niche to create a video about your product or service, it can build instant credibility to your brand and potential sales.
5. Expand your social media influence with video
Build more relatable connections with customers
Social Media connect your business with past and potential customers. Whenever you can create a steady stream of videos, you can repurpose this video on different social channels. Overall, videos will boost your engagement, reach, and brand awareness.
- Facebook accounts for over 45% of social media visits. [Omnicoreagency]
- 46% percent of the social media traffic to B2B company sites is from LinkedIn [99Firms]
- 71% of consumers who have had an excellent social media experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others [Review42]
Social Media is not going away. People are constantly getting connected through these social media channels. If you can get your business on these social media channels, you can connect with customers and make potential sales.
Scheduling your social media posts
Using a tool to schedule your social media posts is a great way to see your overall business marketing strategy. Instead of posting content one at a time, you can plan out how and where people will see your video posts.
Social media planner and scheduling tools:
- Sprout Social
Social media scheduling tools are a great time saver. It helps you stay organized and get your video content out to different people. Each software has different focuses. Various scheduling tools operate in other social media platforms. Consider the extra features you will want for your business.
Videos are a versatile tool for a business. Your business can look at generating videos and posting them on multiple platforms. They can be repurposed to little tweets and blog articles. If you can expand your reach, it can lead to cementing your brand and boosting revenue.