Search For Hotels With Google Hotel Finder
Google Hotel Finder is a search tool specifically designed to make it easier to find and compare hotels for your trips. The features include:
- Draw simple shapes to define the neighborhoods (yes, more than one!) that interest you.
- See popular locations on maps with highlights
- One click adds hotels to your shortlist, where you can review them easily.
- See if you will get a good deal by by comparing a hotel’s current price with its typical one.
It starts with the filter on the left hand side that gives you various options such as:
- Location Filters (with drawing shapes
- Dates for your stay
- Price point filters
- Hotel ratings & user rating filters
Here is a screen shot of the side bar:
Once you type in a location, you can then position the map with your clicker and draw lines around the specific location you want to stay. Google will then show you hotels in that area.
Clicking on the hotel icons on the map will show you more details about the hotel. You can then book the hotel or add it to your shortlist:
Booking a hotel is driven by Google Hotel Ads:
If you are unsure, just add it to your shortlist and you can compare the hotels on your list. Google also shows you if the price the hotel is currently offering is a good price based on the average prices the hotel charges throughout the year.
There are many hotel search engines, including hotels.com and many others. Will this Google Hotel Finder last or will it die off with many of the other Google experiments? I am not sure but I bet you many of the hotel search engines are a bit worried.
- Google Expanding Its Hotel Prices Experiment In Google Maps
- First Look: Hotel Price Ads In Google.com Search Results
- Google Testing Hotel Prices In Google Maps
- Google Overhauls Place Pages, Emphasizes Reviews & Kills Citations