Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Yahoo Images With Tiled Design, Latest & HQ Images & Getty Images Deal
Yahoo has announced some significant changes to their Yahoo Image and Video Search tools. They include a deal with sourcing Getty Images most recent collections plus an upgraded user interface design with added features to Yahoo Image and Video Search.
Yahoo & Getty Images
Yahoo extended their partnership with Getty Images to add their high quality new Getty Images to the search database. That is more than 20,000 added images every day by Getty Images’ network of photographers added to Yahoo Image Search every day. Yahoo said this will help them deliver “a more timely experience, supported by the most recent, and often never-seen-before content.”
Design & Feature Upgrade
As part of this update, Yahoo updated the design and features on Yahoo Image and Video Search. Changes include:
(1) A neatly tiled experience where images are lined up in a really nice looking way:
(2) New images show a latest image badge over the image:
(3) High quality images show a HQ badge over the image:
(4) Search while you watch videos on Yahoo Video Search:
(5) Yahoo Video Search now has preview on hover and continuous scroll
(6) Added full screen option and cross-device support using HTML5