Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Yahoo Tests New User Interface, 7 Things To Do Before Hiring An SEO & Training Tips
Amy Gesenhues on August 27, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Yahoo Experimenting With A New User Interface
The website All Google Testing reported today that Yahoo is experimenting with a new user interface. The report claimed Yahoo’s experimental interface mirrors that of Google’s interface for tablets. All Google Testing offered up directions to view the Yahoo test page, but you’ll have to have better developer chops than me to find it. Here’s […]
- Want To Hire An Insanely Great SEO? Do These 7 Things First!
If you set up your hiring and recruitment processes correctly, you won’t have to waste money on a bad hire.
- Training SEO: 3 Tips To Build Your Team’s Skills
Hiring a talented team is just the start. How to structure ongoing training to ensure your company’s SEOs keep up with the latest developments in the space.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Brands Jump Right In, Take Instagram’s Hyperlapse For A Test Spin
- Facebook Gives Advertisers Ability To Target Mobile Users By Bandwidth
- Taco Bell Launches Country-Wide Dollar Bill Scavenger Hunt
- What Did Digital Media Pros Do On Summer Vacation? Business, Of Course!
- Get To Know: Jack Daniel’s VP Global Marketing Creative Director Eric Doninger
- 5 Data-Driven Lessons In Retention Marketing From E-Commerce Stars
- Urban Airship Turns Notifications Into Interactive Mobile Marketing
- Internet Marketing Dominates Inc.’s List Of America’s 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Curalate Brings E-Commerce To Instagram; Nordstrom Is First To Sell
- Amazon Fire Phone Sales Estimates Show Initial Failure
- Video Marketing Survey: 71% Say Video Conversion Rates Outperform Other Marketing Content
- Atlas Part Of Facebook Attack On Google Display Dominance
Search News From Around The Web:
- Building a 7-Figure a Year SEO Company…by Marketing to the Medical Field, ViperChill
- Google To Open Campus For Startups In Seoul, TechCrunch
Local & Maps
- Google Maps adds new Street View imagery for parks, trails & beaches in Oahu, Hawaii, 9to5 Google
- Google My Business Profiles Start Ranking In Non-Branded Searches, Venn Digital
- Google Street View Could Give a Boost to Indonesian Tourism, WSJ
- Search Challenge (8/27/14): What are these plants?, SearchReSearch
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Ad Types That Need to Go Away, www.isoosi.com
- 6 Ways you Wasting Your Marketing Dollars on Adwords, ppc.org
- How to Be the Perfect PPC Client, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- How To Turn Competitive Analysis Into Actionable PPC Gains, PPC Hero
- Top 8 Google Analytics Reports for PPC, 3Q Digital
- Google Patent Attacks Reverse Engineering of Local Search Listings, SEO By The Sea
- I Moved My Site to SSL and the Sky Didn’t Fall, Raven Blog
- Top 5 SEO Techniques That Will Hurt Your Business, ProBlogger
- Why You Should Care About PageRank, The SEM Post